The Beginning

"Working in the office late, agian Ms.Taylor"Blair my assiant asked.I rolled my eyes and nodded . I've been buried in paper work for this case for months fighting to win a case for a man who has long given up faith. "Camille, it will all be worth it when you win this case. Your one of the best defense attorneys I know"Blair spoke with a smpathic smile. I gave her a slight smile as she closed the door.

I dove into the paper work and didn't leave until sundown , yet I felt like I was making progress.I walked through the empty office building watch the costodian clean the offices.Making my way to the elevator.Taking my same boring day by day route home to my empty condo. At least it was friday.

The weekend consist of working out, drinking wine, and watching Netflix.The normal.

It's crazy when you realize your 29 years old and have never truly found love.Yeah, I'm still considered young but in my younger years I pictured my self somewhere different.

My young sister, who's only a year young than me is getting married in two weeks.Even my assiant is getting married! It's like everyone around me is finding happiness and I'm left in the dust.

The last time I was in a real realtionship was before college.I was dating Marcus Stewart. We had been dating since sophomore year in high school and I thought it was a forever thing.

Yet, we ended up going to different colleges he went to Oregon State and I attended Brown University.Of course with us being young we tried long distance but it felt like we where growing apart so we ended it.I took it hard and it took me a WHILE to get over it.

During my college years I dated here and there but I would always find my self comparing them to him. But you know what they say about your first love.

Monday at work was hectic as usual.I had to go and meet with one of my clients being sued by his ex-wife for child support and breach of contract relating to their child. I was now back at the office reviewing paper work. When there was a knock at my door "Come in" I spoke.

"Ms.Taylor, I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me and my friends for a pre-turn up for my wedding"Blair asked.

I shook my head "no" and continued going through my paper work "Please,Please,Please" she begged.
"Okay, how about,no" I replied with a giggle.She smirked "I tell our boss about the time your sister went into "labor" with no damn baby because you didn't want to sit through the meeting".

I rolled my eyes "text me the time and the place, now get out".

New Story Please vote :)