Chapter One: Warmer Than Anyone

"It sort of does this-" he pursed his lips, raised his hands to his chest and started making ridiculous flashy gestures, all the while terribly beat-boxing. He ended his dying Walrus, probably should have been a noise featured in Prometheus routine with a flourish. "Like that!"

Spencer's eyebrows shot up. "Brendon. Nothing does that. If anything did, they'd kill it. With fire."

Brendon pouted childishly, and crossed his arms across his chest huffily. "Like you'd know, Mr Judgemental."

Spencer rolled his eyes. "I think I ought to know a little something about a beat, and how to keep one." He held both hands up, showing off all his callouses and latest weeping sores. "If this isn't enough proof."

Brendon wrinkled his nose, and recoiled a little. "Too much jacking off, is what that is, my sexually frustrated friend. And keep those things away from me."

"Better to be sexually frustrated than a hoe," Spencer grinned a little at his accusation, before looking down at his hands, grinning wider, and shoving them right in Brendon's face with a "What? These?" Brendon yelped, jumping backwards so fast and hard to escape them, he slipped and fell off the couch. His hip - and ass, for that matter - hit the floor heavily, and he grunted.

"Seriously, dude. Not cool." He winced as he let himself flop backward, onto his front, one hand rubbing his hip, wincing and making other overly-dramatic noises. "I could have, like, broke my hip there. And then they'd give me one of those steel ones."

"Wow." Spencer stood, and shook his head at the pathetic form of the sprawled out Brendon. "Could you be any more of a drama queen? And stupid?"

"I love you, too." Brendon's voice was muffled as he pressed his face into the carpet.

Spencer nudged him with the toe of his shoe. "How have you managed to survive this long?"

"Dumb luck and a deal with the devil." And even though Spencer couldn't see his face, he knew Brendon would be grinning like a child proud of their lame what's green and says 'hey, I'm a talking frog?' A talking frog! Joke.

Spencer rolled his eyes again, and threw himself back down on the couch, thinking about it, before resting both of his feet on top of Brendon's back. There was a muffled noise from Brendon at that, but nothing else, and he continued to just lie there, and had in fact, now sprawled both arms above his head, so he was stretched out to his full length.

Neither of them looked up when a new voice said "I can leave now, and deny all knowledge of you want."

"Nah," Spencer shook his head, grinning, taking the beer offered to him by Dallon, who threw himself down beside him. "You're good."

Dallon looked at the comatose Brendon, and his lips quirked upward. "That's a wicked proud kill you got yourself there."

"His head will look proud above my fireplace." Spencer clinked his bottle against Dallon's. "Though I can't take all the credit. Much of this," he dug his foot in a little harder on the small of Brendon's back, and he made a feeble noise. "Was self-inflicted."

"Lies." Brendon managed to lift his head a little, defending himself.

"Aw, that's cute. He's delirious, too." Spencer laughed.

"He lies. He totally does. He beats me. All the time."

"Nope. I think you like being everyone's bitch. Some sort of submissive dream of yours."

"I'm not a bitch! You're the bitch, bitch."

Dallon watched their adorable little fight with amusement, shaking his head, before speaking loudly, cutting over both of them. "Ladies, ladies, you're both pretty." When he'd caught their attention, he took another leisurely swig. "Now, I don't know about you, but I'm spent, and I just want to shut the hell up, lie back and not give a fuck, at least for a little while. That's do-able, right?"

Spencer shrugged and said 'yeah,' at the same time that Brendon muttered 'you sound do-able' drolly, and stuck his face into the carpet again. Dallon grinned at the quiet, before, he too, put his feet up on Brendon, crossing his ankles. He nudged Spencer's shoulder, and mouthed 'Oh, he's totally everyone's bitch.'