2

||ANNABETH||
chapter written by: the almighty lily (anteater lily)

okay whoo this update took a long time sorry faithful anteaters
XxXxXxX
I was too excited to see Leo again to remember the fact that the Calypso girl once had a crush on Percy.

I jogged to Long Beach, my curly blonde hair half-tied in a ponytail, only wearing a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt over my white tank top and sweatpants.

I stood beside Jason, who was holding a half-asleep Piper in his arms. "Leo's here?" I panted, glancing up at the pale blue sky.

Jason shrugged. Sometimes it still surprised me how more laid-back and easygoing he'd turned after the quest. "Nope, it's just the everyday bronze dragon who wants to land right here on the beach. Of course it's Leo!"

I rolled my eyes. "Wake up, McLean," I said, tugging playfully at Piper's chocolate hair. "Your buddy's here."

Piper simply re-adjusted her sleeping position on Jason's chest. "Five more minutes, Dad," she muttered, and once again I rolled my eyes.

I shielded my eyes as the big bronze apparition came nearer and nearer in the sky. "Brace yourselves, guys, this thing is about to land!" I yelled. The campers who were awake and at the beach - about twenty - backed up as me, Jason, and a half-asleep Piper trudged forward.

Festus clashed in the smooth white sand with a loud thump.

Everyone was silent for a moment. Then Leo stood up, dragging a girl with him. "Hi, guys," he said, glancing around. "Been a while."

Jason and Piper just stared at him in shock, while I forced myself to look at the girl.

She was perfect. Her long mess of ambery hair still looked flawless even though in a worse state than mine, and her perfect face features matched perfectly with her hair. She looked distraught and terrified, and clasped Leo's hand the whole time.

"You're Calypso," I blurted out.

The girl, Calypso, gave a shaky laugh as she scanned the crowd of people. "No, I'm the Titan Kronos. Of course I'm Calypso."

At that moment Percy chose to approach us. "Wha-" he started, but he happened to glance at Calypso. "Calypso?"

"Yeah, man." Leo sauntered forward to Jason and Piper. Jason looked completely in shock, and Piper shivered like a wet little kitten. "Jason, bro. Haven't seen you in a long time. And hey, Beauty Queen. It's surprising to see you in a nightdress instead of those Power Ranger shirts."

"I told you," Piper grunted, "those were Cherokee eagles."

After Piper said that last word, all chaos broke out.

"Isn't Calypso the daughter of the titan Atlas?" an Apollo girl whispered to a nearby blueberry bush nymph.

"Is she safe to approach?" a stringy Athena guy asked.

"Why did Leo bring her back here? I wanted to date him," an Aphrodite girl - her name was Cassie McLeonard, if I wasn't mistaken - said, nearly in tears.

"Call Chiron," Nico di Angelo said. "He'll know what to do."

He had glanced at me when he said this, and I nodded curtly. "Be right back," I muttered as I ran to the Big House.

XxXxXxX

"CHIRON!" I yelled as I stepped on the front steps of the Big House. The big building was way taller than me (duh) and just by looking it gave me a calm sensation.

Chiron frowned as he opened the door. "What is it, Annabeth? I was just doing some - wait, nevermind, what do you want?"

I raised my eyebrows. "Doing some-?"

"That isn't important." Chiron went out of the building and closed the door. "What is it that you want to tell me, Annabeth?"

"Well, Leo is here-"

"Leo?" Chiron spluttered, nearly falling over. "Leo Valdez?"

"No, Leonardo di Caprio!" I shook my head, annoyed. "Of course Leo! And guess what? He brought Calypso!"

I didn't understand why my tone was so bitter. Maybe it was because I was jealous of the fact that Leo cared more about Calypso than us. He rode to Ogygia before coming here, for Athena's sake! Or maybe it was because of Calypso. She had been so pretty, welcoming, comforting - all that I was not to Percy.

Calypso was the definition of perfection. Even though her hair were messy and she looked weary, she managed to look good, unlike me. As much as I remember, Calypso was a little too friendly to Percy. Now that I think of, what if Percy, liked Calypso better than me?

I shook that thought out of my head. Percy wouldn't have any feelings for Calypso... right?