Five

Tech's POV
After the faint we waited in the hospital for what seemed like many hours. Connie looked very scared, Greg almost looked like he was going to cry, and the gems, other things. We were waiting on a bench when a doctor came up. "I'm going to need his close family members if you please." He said sternly. Greg, Pearl and Amethyst stood up, and went with him. Me, Hannia, Connie, and Citrine stayed, but not for long. We were soon called back to the room.

Steven's POV
I was lying in a bed, lots of tubes surrounding me. Breathing hard. I suddenly heard a door creek and seen Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, and dad come in. They all surrounded me, tears in their eyes. Some of them were talking, but all the voices I heard were muffled. I reached my head slowly up, as everyone gasped. I soon felt a sharp pain in my head. My head fell back down as my last breath quickly went out. I felt my heartbeat stop-and everything slowly faded, until it was black.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I slowly opened my eyes as I heard startled gasps. Before I knew it, everyone was hugging me tightly. "Oh, Steven!" Pearl yipped, squeezing me the tightest. I hugged them back and overheard Tech's conversation with Hannia. They were going to shrink my Connie!