C H A P T E R - 3

reminder: did you floss today?

"Hot or cold?"

"Hot anyday."

"Oh feisty," Aima teased, causing a blush to appear on Hareem's face. "I'm kidding. You're as pure as water," she informed playfully, turning towards the cash counter. "Two lattes please. With some whipped cream on one." She ordered before paying the amount and taking a token.

"Let's find a table, shall we?" Aima suggested, taking Hareem with her, their arms intertwined.

Both of the girls had grown close over the three days they had spent together. Aima was also a History major and was obsessed with food, so the girls had clicked instantly. Each of their classes had been together, except Hareem's Calculus I. Aima had earned enough credit units the previous semester and didn't need many classes that semester, so Hareem was to attend that class by herself.

They found themselves a vacant table near the air conditioner, dirty paper plates and glasses littered on it. Hareem moved forward to pile up the disposable crockery and put it aside, while Aima pulled out the chairs and seated herself.

"So you have a class now?" Aima inquired.

"Yes, Calculus at 2:30."

"Excited?" She teased, wiggling her eyebrows. Hareem let out a chuckle.

"The idea of doing Calculus late on Friday and first thing on Tuesday and Wednesday isn't too thrilling, but since I don't have any other option, I think..I'll have to survive." 

Aima leaned forward to pat her friend's arm. "You're a strong one, Hareem. I would have died if I had to study Calculus on Fridays, let alone around three pm!" She rolled up her sleeves and brought her legs up on the chair, trying to sit cross legged. 

"I'm so glad I'm getting done with this. No studies for the rest of my life. Well, except if my children don't like the idea of studying with their father," Aima stated thoughtfully, placing her hand under her chin. Hareem giggled at her friend's focused look.

"But you're wasting your degree, aren't you sad about that?" Hareem inquired after regaining composure.

"Ehh, not really," Aima leaned forward, straightened out her shirt, then leaned back in the chair. "I never intended to work anyway, so I'm completely satisfied with the fact that I can study from the comfort of my own at home while having a hunk of a husband meeting all of my needs." 

Hareem burst out laughing, only stopping when a server placed their lattes on the table and took away their token. She struggled to calm herself, her cheeks hurting with the effort.

Ever since she had befriended Aima, she had been laughing nonstop. Aima had managed to break through her walls very easily with her ridiculously crazy attitude about life itself. She had no sense of pride or fear about what others would think, she was outgoing and passionate.