Chapter 1

"You dont understand how much I hate everyone in this shitty little town! Not to mention how much I hate this town itself!" Jonah yelled at his mom. This was yet another fight this week. This has been going on  for a few months. Senior year is coming to an end and its been hard on his whole family, but especially Jonah.

Before he gave his mom a chance to reply Jonah said, "Im leaving! Right now! I dont need you! I dont need dads money! I dont need anyone!" And he was gone.

Of course it was pooring rain, but Jonah ran out to his car and drove off. He didnt know where he was going but anywhere far away was perfect. The rain was coming down hard and it was getting dark out. Jonah was started to scream in anger from all the stress and pressure of college that he almost didnt see the car pulled off to th side of the road. Jonah swerved and pulled off to th side. He put on his hood and got out.

"Do you need some hlep?" Jonah asked. He was completely soaked, so his shirt stuck tightly to his chest.

A girl with long brown hair stuck her head out of her car.

"I dont know." She said. Her voice sounded like she was sobbing.

Jonah jogged over to her.

 "Hey are you ok?" He asked, sympathetically.  

She looked up at him. Her big hazel eyes shined in the dim light of the late evening. Her red plump lips had Jonah mezmerized. 

"Everything seems to be falling apart... And its not just my car." She said with a laugh.

"Hi Im Jonah." He stuttered out.

"Tatum." She said, reaching her hand out. 

"I can drive you to the nearest hotel if youd like? Its getting late and im not really a mechanic.." Jonah said with a chuckle.

"Sure. Thatd be great." Tatum said, stepping out of her car. She was wearing vans, black leggings, and a shirt with a band on it.

"What band is that on your shirt?" Jonah asked as they had both settled into the car.

"Oh its my boyfriends band." She replied.

That made Jonahs heart sink.

"EX- boyfriend. Sorry, i need to get used to saying that..." She laughed.

Jonah smiled deviously.