Chapter 9: Yay. I get to leave

Sierra's P.O.V

"Guys, I'm hungry. I'm gonna go to the cafeteria. Do you guys want anything?" Rose asked Noah and I. We both shook our heads no and she left. "Noah?" A woman said walking into the room that we were in a few minutes after Rose left. "Hi mom. Did you sign the papers...? She has nobody else to sign them." Noah said to the woman who is obviously his mother. "Yes. I did. But who is this girl and why is she here? And where did you meet her? What's going on, Noah? I'm so confused." His mom said. "It's um... A long story, ma'am. My name is Sierra. We met at the mall, by the way. But yeah. I'd rather not go into detail right now on why I'm here. Talking about it gives me a headache." I spoke up. His mother nodded. "I understand. And please. Call me Jane. Now are you the same Sierra that Noah went on a date with? Or?" "Mom." Noah said, looking down and blushing. Awh. He looks so cute when he blushes. Wait. No, Sierra. Shut up. He probably doesn't even like you. "Shhh, Noah. I just want to find out what kind of girl my son is dating." Jane said. "We're not, um... Dating. She just needed me to take her somewhere. It wasn't really a date." Noah explained to her. "What? You guys didn't go on a date? Where did you guys go then? And you obviously like her. I mean, you started talking about how beautiful she is. So what do you mean you guys didn't go on a date?" His mom asked causing me to blush and Noah to blush even more. "Mom. Stop." Noah said obviously embarrassed. "Sorry. I just want to know. And seriously. If you guys didn't go on a date, then where did you go?" "He um... Took me to the police station. And I guess now would be a good time to explain why I'm here because my whole trip down there is a part of it..." I answered her question. "Oh... Please explain because I'm really confused." "I'm here because my father abused me and he nearly killed me. And when he found out that I lived, he blamed it on my best friend. And the police believed him and they put her in jail. And today, we went to the mall. He gave me $200. That wasn't normal for him. He usually spent his money on drugs and alcohol. But anyways... I went and spent it at Hot Topic, which is where I met Noah. Him and I talked and eventually put our numbers in each other's phones. After that, I went to find my father. You see... I had a plan. Rose and I made it. She'd call me while I was here. But yeah. Our plan was to make my father mad in public. It worked. He started to beat me. And security came and arrested him. That's when I texted Noah to come and get me. I wanted to get Rose out of jail, which I did." I explained to her. She nodded. "Oh... I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of that. All of it sounds so horrible. I'm sorry, Sierra. We should get out of here, though. Do you have a place to stay?" Jane asked me. "I think I'm staying at Rose's house. But I'm not sure. I can go ask her, though. She should be in the cafeteria. Come on." I said grabbing my stuff and walking out of the room. Yay. I get to leave. I don't have to stay in this stupid hospital anymore.