Rules, Judging, Prizes

RULES

***Please leave your entries on the CONTEST PAGE rather than this one to ensure they get counted. THANKS!!!

1. There is a TWO ENTRY LIMIT PER PERSON. You may only nominate ONE of your own stories. You may enter a second nomination if you choose but it must be someone else's story.

2. If you don't have a story to nominate or don't wish to nominate your own story, you may select up to two other people's stories for entrance into the competition.

3. It may go without saying, but please do not nominate a story written by one of the Wattpadres. See our profile page for a list of our members.

4. Follow the Wattpadres group profile as well as the profiles of the four Wattpadres judging the current contest (they will be listed on the contest page).

5. Nominate by leaving a comment on the MAVELOUS MAKEOVER CONTEST PAGE (located in this book). Include in your comment the nominee's Wattpad username (if you are nominating a story besides your own) and the link to the story you are nominating, then leave a note as to why you think we should consider this story for the contest.

6. Please cap the length of each entry at 2000 characters, which is the maximum limit for a chapter comment.

7. Stories submitted do not have to be completed, but must have a minimum of 5 chapters posted and must appear to be updating on a regular basis.

JUDGING

The contest entry period will be open for approximately two months. Four members of the Wattpadres will read the comments and then read the blurbs and (at least) the first chapter of each entered story.

Judges will select twelve semifinalists, which will then be narrowed down to six finalists. Selection will be based on the story's potential rather than its perfection.

Once the finalists have been chosen, a guest judge (not a member of the Wattpadres) will read them over and decide on a grand prize winner.

PRIZES

Semifinalists will receive a shout-out by members of the Wattpadres.

Finalists will receive a shout-out by members of the Wattpadres and an entry in this contest book will be made listing them and summarizing why their stories were selected as semi-finalists.

A Grand-prize winner will receive the above mentioned prizes plus the following*:

1. Their own chapter in this contest book dedicated to their profile.

2. A new profile banner and new book cover created by one of the talented Wattpadres graphic designers.

3. A new book blurb.

4. A first chapter critique by one or more of the judges.

5. Shout-outs by the Wattpadres on Wattpad and other social media.

6. A free eBook authored by one of the Wattpadres.

*Please note: the winner may decline one or more of the make-over prizes if he or she does not wish to receive them.

If the grand-prize winner was nominated by someone other than themselves, the nominating person will receive a first chapter critique and/or a free eBook authored by one of the Wattpadres.