Thanksgiving

Nikki

I'm at Tommy's for Thanksgiving. I'm watching football, Giants and Packers. I really don't care who wins or loses to be completely honest with you. I'm a Seahawks fan myself.

Tommy's mom went to go pick up Ava at UCLA since she doesn't drive. Tommy and his dad went to go pick up his paternal grandmother, which everyone is ecstatic for (not the sarcasm). Evie is due home anytime.

Just then, the front door opens and Evie kicks off her shoes, throwing a duffle bag down stairs.

"Who's playing?" She wonders.

"Giants and Packers." I say and she scowls.

"Why are you watching that? There's only one team worth watching in the NFL." Evie states and I smile.

"And who would that be?" I wonder.

"Seahawks." She admits and I smile.

"Good girl." I laugh.

All at once I realized that she was back. I rush over to her hugging her tightly. Evie laughs and hugs me back just as tight.

"Took you long enough." She mumbles into my chest. "I missed you, Nikki."

"Oh sweetheart, I missed you to!" I say.

I truly have. Evie is the first thing I thought about when I woke up every morning and the last thing I thought about before I went to bed or let's be honest, passed out drunk. I had this longing feeling to drive my ass up to Stanford and tell her everything.

How I love every single, little thing about her. How that I want to be around her all the time. How I can't live without her and want her to come back home. I want to kiss her and cuddle her. I want to treat her like a queen. I want to be her reason to smile.

We sit on the couch and catch up. I have my arm wrapped around her shoulders and our faces are about six inches apart. All of a sudden she light up.

"Wanna see something?" Evie smiles.

"Sure." I admit and she rolls up her left sleeve.

On the inside of her forearm reads the words Mötley Crüe. I smile and run my thumb along her ink.

"Oh shit! I got one to." I admit showing her the one on my arm. "We all got it."

"Awesome!" She smiles.

Evie leans across me to look at the tattoo. She runs her thin fingers across the tattoo while she studies it. I watch he do this. After a minute, her eyes lock on mine. We look at each other for a second. Her beautiful blue eyes starring directly into mine. I can't explain why I do this next part. I lean towards her and she leans towards me. We're actually going to do it this time. We're actually going to kiss. Just as I feel her breath on my lips--like we're centimetres away--the door opens.

"I'm back!" Ava yells and Evie goes to her sister, nearly tackling her in a hug.

I love Ava but she has the worst timing in the world! This is the second time I've nearly kiss Evie and she walked in on it. I just get over to see Ava and Tommy walks in with his grandmother and father.

So much for kissing Evie.

Evie walks back into the living room, she'd just been called into the kitchen about ten minutes ago.

"I was sent back." She admits as she throws her legs over mine.

"Evie, Nikki." Their dad calls. "You up for two on two?" Evie nods, as long as I can cover her. "You and me and Tommy and Nikki?" He asks his daughter and she nods.

We go into the backyard and play around for a while. Evie gets the ball and makes a break back to their end zone that I was defending, Tommy is close behind her. She runs past me easily and drops the ball down.

Tommy and I walk over to her as she picks up the ball again. Tommy motions me saying he's gonna pick her up. In the next second, Tommy has his baby sister in the air, upside down, suspended by her ankles.

"Tommy this isn't fair!" Evie nearly yells.

"I think so." I say as I take the ball from her hands.

"Nikki!! I'm going to hurt you!!" She yells and I laugh.

We finish eating and Evie looks around at us.

"I'm gonna ruin Thanksgiving but I'm going to say this." She starts. "After this year, I've decided not to continue with college. It's just not working out for me." Ava half smiles.

"Steal my thunder twin." Ava says. "I've  decided this as well."

Their parents and grandmother stare at each other in shock. Tommy and I share a smile.

We're getting our girls back.