Prologue

The crisp Autumn wind blows her hair as she runs toward the cafeteria, hands hastily wiping the tears blurring her vision. The scene was perfect, with orange and gold leaves rolling in the wind, the vast grounds of Imperium University smothered with browns, oranges, golds; Autumn at its best. It was picturesque, except for that one girl pushing her way past students, tears flowing down her rosy cheeks.

Upon finally reaching the cafeteria, she rushes to the familiar table of six and immediately hugs the dark-haired girl sitting there. The other girl gasps - the two other girls accompanying her do too - but hugs her back tightly as the sobbing girl breaks down. One of the other two - a brunette with really light brown hair - takes her from the dark-haired one and tries to console her, rubbing her back.

"It's alright AJ, he wasn't worth it anyway." The four girls are thankful to the fact that the cafeteria is almost vacant at this time for some reason.

"No!" She stops crying and shouts, pulling away and running a hand through her golden tresses. "No, Darcy, you don't know that. You don't know how much he meant to me. You don't know how much we loved each other."

"Oh, please," The dark-haired girl scoffs. Her calm and ignorant demeanor wasn't something new for the other three, five years was enough for them to get used to that. But she was never wrong and they knew that, so they remained quiet. "You can't fall in love with someone in just two weeks, and even if you can, it takes more than just cheap flirting and careless fucking - at least from his side, it was careless - for that to happen. And we all know that Noah Clark is the biggest player here, and one of the best actors too. So don't give me the shit that he actually loved you."

How she said that so calmly was a mystery of its own.

"Val, hey, calm down." The redhead began, putting her hand on her friend's shoulder but Valencia wasn't having any of it. She roughly pushed off the girl's hand and ran a hand through her ebony hair.

"Oh, fuck off, Iris, I'm not taking any of your bullshit." Then she turns to AJ. "Darling, you'll find someone much, much better than that scum."

AJ nods, still crying.

"C'mon babe, I'll take you to your room." Darcy wipes AJ's teary cheeks, leading her out.

"I wish I could break the hearts of all the players in this damned school." Iris is the first to speak up. Valencia's head snaps up.

"So let's do it." She suggests after remaining silent for a while.

"What?! Are you out of your mind?!" The younger girl sputters out.

"No, but this plan is perfect. We seduce them, make them fall for us, then crush their hearts. Both of us are top actors so there won't be a problem in deceiving them." A poker-face was what she always carried on her face and right now was no exception.

"But," Iris leans closer and lowers her tone as students begin piling in the cafeteria. "Are you sure about this?"

"Yes, of course." Valencia reassures her. The two girls have decided, and there is only one thing left to say...

"Let the games begin."

Cue nonstop cackling.