Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Clark and Santos; Plan in Action

Iris rushes into her and Val's shared dorm, immediately throwing her books on the shelf and ripping open her wardrobe. Val enters, much more relaxed and pushes past Iris, knowing fully well what she's gonna say. Sifting through Iris' clothes, she pulls out a loose powder blue button-up blouse, pairing it with with white fitted jeans. Not letting her say anything, she sits her down on the makeup stool and takes out some pale pink lip gloss.

"I called him over, asked him if he'd tutor me for Literature; kid was so excited you'd laugh." She tells Iris when she, once again opens her mouth, no doubt to ask her about what happened.

"Well, obviously, you're like, the one for any guy. Especially guys of Uni." Iris rolls her eyes. "I take it you saw what happened with Clark and I?"

"Yeah, amazing acting. I could literally see the hearts in his eyes." Val nods, applying the gloss on Iris's lips first before adding a light touch-up of mascara.

"Why so little? I'm a bit shy, yes, but not that shy." Iris refers to the really light makeup.

"Brings out your innocence." She mumbles, her long, nimble fingers quickly finishing a fishtail side braid. "Perfect."

"So, you should get going now. If he kisses you, avoid it first but if he's that eager as to try again, go along with it. Alright, off you go. I've got to get ready for my own act." Val orders her before she leaves, pairing up a sexy black crop top that reveals a bit of her stomach, and her belly piercing, with black and white worn-out capris.

She doesn't apply any makeup, because frankly, she doesn't need it. Her lips, are red as ever and her eyes framed with thick and long eyelashes are just the right shade of smoldering grey to lure any guy in. Hearing a knock on the door, she quickly scatters her literature notebooks and textbooks on her bed before opening the door.

"Hey." She gives her signature half-smirk.

"Hi. You ready for some hard-core tutoring?" Daniel grins, stepping inside and taking a seat on her bed.

"Yeah. So, um, I hate Wuthering Heights." Val lies, sitting down beside him. She absolutely loved Wuthering Heights, which made her job even easier. He laughs.

--

"So, you see, now he-" Dave's stops talking when he looks up. Val had leaned in now, looking at him through her eyelashes - which turns him on a bit too much - and her hair falling around her face like a curtain. It was just now that he realizes how close they really are, how close their lips were. And he knew that he shouldn't do it, he'd end up breaking her heart. But before he could do anything, Val brought a palm to his cheek and closed the gap between them.

A rough kiss is what blossoms between them, her lips sabotaging his causing him to think, fuck it. She smirks when she drags her teeth across his bottom lip exceptionally slow before pulling away. For a moment, he thinks that maybe he shouldn't play her but then he realizes that Val's probably gonna use him too. Because Valencia isn't interested in a relationship, but if she is then maybe he'd finally settle down with her. For now, he'll just enjoy the sexual excitement and desire that comes with dating a Sinclair.

"In deep thought, are we now?" She teases him, a smirk tugging on her lips.

"Be my girlfriend, Val?" He asks without thinking. It really just slipped out; I mean, you can't deny what's - or who's - on your mind. Val's brows arch high.

"That straightforward, eh?" She asks amused. "Tell you what. You take me on a date, and I'll give you the verdict straight after. And no cheesy movie or fancy dinner date, kay? Plan something more my type."