Chapter 5

I am pulled by the men to the dark room and I flinch when the steel doors close.
*Crash*
I flinch as I discover the pots tumbling down for the shelves.
*Crack*
The bones underneath my feet crumble at the impact.
*Smack*
My vision begins to turn black and I begin to wither into unconsciousness. I feel my body be picked up again and carried to another room.

My eyes open a while later and I turn my body around to see an array of various knives, each covered in blood. I try to get up but I am strapped down. Voluntarily, a shriek engulfs the quiet room, and I shuffle around, hoping it wasn't me that screamed.
There was absolutely no way for me to wiggle out so I panicked. I ripped off my bracelet and tried to cut the rope binding my legs with the sharp edge .
This bracelet was given to me by my grandmother before she died. Nobody really knew how she died, or when. She just never came home. She was an interesting woman, she never took no for an answer. She always went out on trips and she always told me stories. Once, when she came back from Europe, she told me about this man who kept trying to kidnap her. It creeped me out a bit, but I was little, so I wasn't sure if it was dangerous or not.
I thought of her when I was cutting the rope, hoping her spirit could somehow guide me. Oddly enough, I thought I could actually escape, I had hope. One by one, each strand of rope broke, allowing me to get closer and closer to freedom. Minutes after minutes crawled on, I was still cutting. Hours and hours passed, the rope seemed to be impossible to cut. I gave up.
I laid down and stared at the ceiling. My heart was still beating harshly and I felt weak. My bracelet felt warm in my wrist. I played with the charms with my other hand. The room was quiet.