13. Ready To Speak Up Mate?

After school, I went over and hung out at the Salvatores with Elena. It was pretty much a study afternoon, and as Tyler was busy again, I had to settle for the Gilbert's. Jeremy was alongside as well.

Elena decided to scoop out some gossip while we were working. She smirked.

"So.. You and Kol."

I used the same tactic as I had on Tyler.

"So.. You and Stefan."

She laughed, but then looked back up at me with a disapproving face.

"He isn't exactly the most delightful person in the world."

"Neither is Stefan. Wasn't he known for ripping people apart and going out of control while feeding?"

"Yes. But Kol kills people for fun."

"Not anymore."

"How do you know?"

"Because I know he wouldn't lie to me."

She shook her head in disbelief, and Damon came sauntering into the room. He looked stressed.

"I have some news Grace. And you're not gonna like it." 

####

I couldn't believe it.

Harry? Harry poisoned me? And Harry was a vampire? I was certain Kol had been mistaken.

"There must be some mistake! I saw Harry just this morning and . . ." I remembered his last words to me. "Oh."

Damon smirked. "It seems your little friend has been introduced into the world of the immortal. Klaus has him vervained up in the cellar of his mansion. I'm guessing they aren't going too easy on him."

I sprang up. "What?! I have to get there, now! I can't let them hurt him! You guys know Klaus's rages!"

I started running through the hallways to the front door, before Stefan zipped in front of me.

"He poisoned you Grace. Don't get in the way of their questioning. I can't see them being very forgiving to you either."

I scowled, and tried to push him out of the way, to no avail. I was really getting sick of all the vampire strength around this place.

So, I just slumped back onto the couch in a sulk. If they weren't going to let me help, they weren't getting a word more out of me. I peered around the room, looking for destruction. As my eyes landed on Damon's alcohol stash, I grabbed a few bottles, and brang them into my arms, slowly sipping down some from each.

I might get drunk, but I knew this would make him angry. He sprung foward.

"What do you think you're doing?!"

I smirked and mentally fist pumped. Just the reaction I wanted. As he tried to snatch the bottles back, I held them tighter and tighter, knowing that he wouldn't want to hurt me. 

Stefan cut in after 5 minutes of intense wrestling. He was like our father.

"Cut it out! Grace, go home, I'm sure your mother is wondering where you are. And Damon... get out of my house."

I couldn't help but burst out a laugh at this comment followed by Damon's facials.

"What is that supposed to mean baby brother? It is called the 'SALVATORE boarding house.' And it seems, we are both Salvatores." He was growling by this point.