Abduction

"I used to be out for myself and alone, but that's not who I am anymore."
"You're on a different path now."
"And I have you guys."

Ezra smiled as his family embraced him with their care as they gathered in the kitchen for a meeting. Everyone was worried that he wouldn't be prepared for another mission, however, he surprised them with a drastic change in his attitude. He was still obsessed with the idea of being separated, but he was more confident than before.

"So, you want to go on this mission?" Kanan asked.
"Of course!" Ezra jubilantly responded.
"Well, we'll have to do it tomorrow! This shipment won't be easy to catch and that's the day when it'll be leaving, so if we fail, we can hopefully track it and see where it goes."
"That doesn't sound so bad. Is this just one of our normal missions?"
"Well, in this mission, we all have to split up."
"Why?"
"There are millions of tunnels and pathways in this Mining Institute. The dock is in the center of the building. If we go down them in a group, then we'll never be able to find the right one without being caught. The only option is for us to split up and have Hera stay in The Ghost or Phantom until we find the shipment," Sabine replied.
"And if one of us gets lost?"
"We'll be in touch with our comms. Okay?"
"Okay...I'm ready."

After discussing the plan once more, the Specters confirmed and Hera told Ahsoka about their plans. Although, Ahsoka didn't like the mission, she allowed them to execute it. Kanan continuously kept looking at Ezra to check for any signs of hesitance. He knew Ezra was still a little afraid, but not as much as before. His padawan's confidence and bravery began to show once again.

I guess I'm really going to be doing this mission..., Ezra thought as he returned to his room with Zeb, No turning back now...

****

"They are coming, Fifth Brother."
"Yes, my lord."
"Let's get ready," the Seventh Sister said.
"Prepare the troops!" the Fifth Brother shouted to a commander.

Then the Seventh Sister, approached the hologram of her controller.

"What are the following steps after we complete this mission, my lord?" she politely inquired.
"This is not my test, Seventh Sister. This is your final mission with the Fifth Brother to complete your...'training'. You all create the next steps, not me."
"Of course, my lord."

He ended the call and she faced the Fifth Brother.

"So, what should we do?" he asked her.
"Hm...," she thought and took a few unconscious steps away from him. "We'll use the boy as bait. Whatever is left of the rebels, we will draw them in. They know he's special, and they would do anything to get him back."
"I will take on the Lasat...devilish creatures..."
"You do that. Fight your everlasting rivalry with the Lasat kind. But if she comes, let me take her on. I will take him. You will distract them."

The Fifth Brother nodded and the Seventh Sister turned her head to her friend, a multi-purpose droid.

"Do you have the Force-inhibiting serum?" she whispered.

It nodded and emitted a few mechanical noises.

"Are the others prepared?"

It nodded again and made more noises.

"Good..."

****

He could feel the gravity drastically shift between his feet as Hera flew The Phantom out of The Ghost. He saw Ahsoka's reluctant expression and goodbye from the base's window as they began to enter hyperspace. Suddenly, a hand touched his shoulder and he looked up.

"You ready?" Kanan simply asked.
"You know it," Ezra confidently replied.
"Good. Just remember, keep your guard up and take note of your location."
"Will do."
"Just contact me if you have any problems."
"I will, Kanan! Chill! And you thought I was having problems!"