Excused.

Marco.
Confusion. It was all Marco Diaz felt at the time. Confusion from everything. What was up with that lizard lawyer? Why did he want the wand? Where was he now? Was he still alive? Where was Ludo? But one remained on his mind since that day....Did Star, his best friend, really mean what she had said to him? Those words replayed over and over in his mind.
"It makes me wonder why we're even friends!"
It hurt. It hurt to think about what she had said. That's why when Ms.Skullnick asked him if he was okay, but with the same gruff voice she always had, Marco looked around the classroom, seeing all eyes on him, and asked to be excused. . Ms.Skullnick nodded, and with that, Marco ran out of the classroom, almost feeling tears in the corners of his eyes.

Star.
Guilt. That's what Star Butterfly felt at the moment. Why did she say that to Marco? She loved Marco...more than just a friend. She thought it would just blow over, that everything would be fine, but when she could actually see the pain in his eyes that morning when she asked him if he was okay, and the way he ran out of the room only minutes ago, Star knew that this would never just blow over. After a couple minutes, Star raised her hand, she had to go find him.
"Yes, Ms.Butterfly?" Ms.Skullnick asked.
"Can I-?"
"Go ahead." The troll cut in, almost knowing exactly what the young blonde student was going to asked. Star nodded, and ran out of the room.

Marco.
Marco knew if he skipped more than one class, he'd get into trouble, but at this point, he didn't care. Everything hurt. Everything felt weak. Marco sat on the floor of the janitor's closet. No one would find him there, he knew. It was dark, but had a light. It was small, but that was fine, and the janitor was gone for the day anyways. As Marco thought more and more about what Star had said to him before he got kidnapped, he started to think she was right. Why were they friends? She was just this magical princess from another dimension who had come to Earth to practice how to use her wand, for becoming queen of Mewni for the rest of her life. Why was it him who got stuck with her? Why was he the one that got chosen? Why?
A tear dripped down Marco's cheek as he sat there silently, and turned on his phone. When his phone turned on, he noticed his lock screen picture. He studied it closely. It was a picture of him and Star, her arms around his neck, and head on his shoulder. She had her tongue sticking out for the picture as well. In the picture, Marco looked happy. Really happy. That's when he noticed a light blush spread across both of their cheeks. That was only a couple weeks after she had came to Earth. Marco sighed, turning his phone off, and putting his hands to his face.

Star.
Star ran through the halls of Echo Creek Academy. Everyone was in class right now, so she didn't have to worry about someone getting in her way, or asking her where she was going. Where did Marco go? The last time something like this happened, she had to destroy her wand for him. Star checked everywhere except for the boys bathroom and locker room. When she did come upon those two things, so quickly yelled into them, but hearing no reply. She sighed, and checked the clock in the hallway. There was only five minutes left in class, then school was over for the day. Star sighed again, hearing the bell ring a couple minutes later, and give up. Marco would be home sooner or later, right?

Marco.
Opening the door to his house quietly, Marco checked the time. 5:00pm. Not too early to keep Star waiting at the door for him, and not too late to get her totally worried, and freaked out enough to tell his parents. Slowly, Marco made his way upstairs, and opened the door to his room. As he opened the door, he saw a small shadow-like figure in the corner. It sounded as if it was....crying? Marco cautiously turned on the light, and looked over at the figure in the corner. It had a small, red hoodie on over a light blue dress. His red hoodie. It was Star. Star gasped, and looked up at him, their eyes meeting, and the young princess sat there frozen.

Both.
"Star?" Marco whispered. He imagined Star would be worried, but not this worried.
"M-Marco...where were you?" She mumbled, shaking from both fear, and embarrassment from letting Marco see her like this. Marco could see the tears still running down her cheeks, as she stood up.
"I'm so sorry, Star." Marco quickly mumbled back, running towards her, and jumping into her arms. Star's eyes widened, taken aback by Marco's sudden outburst. He never acted like this.
"Marco, is something bothering you?" Star whispered, patting his back softly as he clung onto her. He shook his head against her shoulder, and sighed. Star took a deep breath, lifting her friends head off of her shoulder, and walked them both to his bed.
"Marco." She started, sitting down on the bed. "If there's something bothering you, you need to speak up, and tell me. We're best friends, remember?" Star, whispered, emphasizing on the words best friends. Marco looked down, and played with the string on his hoodie.
"That's the thing." He mumbled.
"What's the thing?" Marco looked into her eyes sadly.
"What if we're not meant to be best friends?" Star stared at him blankly for a moment, then spoke up.
"What do you mean?" Marco took her hand in his, making them both blush.
"I mean, what if we're really not meant to be friends? What if we're not meant to know each other at all? What if the reason we're always fighting now a days is because the universe wants us to split apart? What if the only way to make it right is for us to...not see each other again?" Star felt her heart stop, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.
"Oh..." She mumbled. "I guess I'll go pack my bags. I'll find another family to go live with for awhile, or I could ask my mom to allow me to come back home." Marco's eyes widened.
"Wait what?! You can't leave!"
"But, you told me we can't-"
"I didn't mean it that way!"
"Then what did it mean?"
"It meant that I love you, okay? And I don't want you to leave me, I just said that because I didn't know what else to say. What I meant to say is why did you say those things to me back before I got kidnapped?! Did you really mean them!?" All went silent after that. Star froze, as did Marco.
"M-Marco...." Star mumbled, breaking the silence after a moment. Marco blushed, backing away slowly, a look of fear in his eyes.
"I-I'm sorry, Star." Was all he said before he ran out of the room, hearing small footsteps behind him.
"Marco, wait!" Star called. Marco stopped, and took a deep breath before turning around slowly. They looked into each other's eyes for a moment, just taking it all in. Star took a step forward, putting a hand on his shoulder, and leaned in, brushing their lips together before gently setting them there. She expected him to push her away, or to call her out, but he didn't. In fact, he seemed to be enjoying it. Marco took her hand as they kissed, leading them back into his room. He quickly shut the door, and pinned her against the wall, kissing her harder, and sliding a hand down her back, sending chills down her spine. Finally, they pulled away, setting their heads against one another's, and fingers intertwined, panting softly.
"Star-" Marco started, before feeling a finger touch his lips.
"Shh, Marco. I know what you're going to say, and I love you, too." Star took a deep breath before continuing. "And I don't know why I said those things. I just did. I didn't mean them, I promise." When she finished, she planted a small kiss on his cheek. Marco smiled, that was all the confirming he needed.
"Good, and guess what?"
"What?"
"I was hoping you did that." He said, referring to the kiss. Star giggled, hugging him tightly.
"I love you, Marco."
"I love you too, Star."

The end.

A/n: Hey everyone! It has been a long time since I've written a fanfic, so I hope this wasn't too bad. I have been working on this for a week and a half now! If you would like me to either make

A.) A dream and a nightmare sequel.
B.) Another chapter to this.
C.) A whole new fanfic.
Comment below, please! I really need ideas! Thanks!
-starfallers.