by luck (aragorn x reader)

Chapter one:

Third persons p.o.v.:

Raindrops fall slowly for the leaves on the ground. It had just stopped raining for a few minutes, allowing the black hooded figure to ride a little faster. The black horse under the figure was completely black. The horses manes and fur ware dripping. The black cape was just as wet as the horse, yet the hooded figure still had it on. The last ray of sunshine escaped form the horizon and landed in the strangers face. The hood no longer hides the strangers face. (h/c) locks frame a (s/c) skin. Red lips were chapped as if they had been through storms and countless battles. (e/c) orbs kept her surroundings under sharp surveillance, suggesting that she had a lot of energy, while the bags under her eyes said the opposite. The wind blows a part of her cape away, showing a long blade at her side, tipping her black boots. Her horse was exhausted and she made a mental note to let the poor animal rest in the next town. The ray of sunlight has disappeared, letting the darkness warp around the traveler.

Your p.o.v.

As your eyes got used to the dark several light of fire began to play. Your mind wandered once again of to your mission. You let a tired sigh. Your family bearded the burden of finding the long lost king. The only small lead you have was the rumor that the gray wizard Gandalf knew who he was. It was an extremely small change that he would acutely have this information, yet you hoped.

Hearing another horse steps you decide to stop and hide somewhere in the woods, trying to prevent another fight with a guy who just don't know the concept of NO. As you stepped of her horse, you noticed you horse growing nervous. Before you could stop your horse it had run away from you. you were stunned. That horse was your most loyal friend, you had fought in several wars with your horse. you quickly got out of your little shock, quickly realizing that there was real danger ahead. Grabbing your sword she run into the woods. you run a few meter from the road and then a perfect hiding place appeared. you quickly climb in the big oak with all his leaves still on. You sat still and you have your eyes on the road. You mentally curse the man that broke your bow and arrow in the last battle. After sitting for ten minutes a warrior appeared on the other side of the river next to the road. On your side of the road you saw four little men. They seemed to come to your waist. You have heard once before of these little men. They were known as hobbits. Yet it is strange for one to leave their home. They had caught your interest so you looked over them. They were covered in sweat and were obviously running away from the dark warrior.

You considered your options for a second, and then just jumped out of you hiding spot.

As you walked towards the little group they didn't notice you. You shake your head: if they couldn't even detected you walking not even silent towards them, how are they supposed to survive out here.

Suddenly the group turned around and walked straight into you. They all fell on the ground in shock and you noticed the familiar noise of a horses footsteps. Yet is wasn't your horse rhythm. So you grabbed the first ones hand and signaled the other to follow you. As naïve as they were they all followed you. After a long time of running you were finally save. While catching your breath you decided to ask them. 'What are four hobbits doing outside the shire?' you asks boldly. After traveling alone for weeks, manners weren't your strongest part. 'w-w-w-were j-just visiting a friend in B-Bree' the leader of the groups answers. Being a woman you noticed straight away. 'ow really?.. what is this friends name?' you ask while raising your eyebrow. You could see all the hobbits swallow nervous. You could see the leader try to make something up 'G-Gandalf' he said the first name in his mind. Your eyes widen while you realize that this little hobbit, who obvious sucks at lying, knew where your lead was. Your serious expression changed to a kind smile. 'I'd like to come with you to Bree. I'm looking for someone and my was told that the man known as Gandalf know where he is.' You said with a kind but determent voice. The other hobbits looked at each other surprised and then nod. You stand up and look around you. Then you look at the stars. You soon found out where north was and started walking toward Bree. After three steps you turned around and looked at the others 'are you coming?' you ask. The little hobbits nod and start to follow you.

Your hart jumps at knowing that you're finally close to your lead.

If only you knew......