Chapter 3--- Natalie Allon's P.O.V.

I wake up to the sounds of birds outside my window. It's time to wake up. I'm kind of nervous because we have our aptitude tests today. That is the test we take to see what is our destiny. I hear my parents calling me for breakfast. Once at breakfast, my parents told me to trust the test.

"How should I trust the test?" I think to myself.

After breakfast, we gave our leftover food to the factionless so they could have something to eat. I begin to think what faction to choose for Choosing Day, the day we choose what faction to live in. There is Candor, Amity, there's Erudite, and Dauntless. Then there's Abnegation.

I live in Abnegation, the faction that honors selflessness and we help out the factionless. The other factions call us "stiffs" because think about others and not ourselves. Erudite people mostly call us that. I'm nervous when I'm around them. We always want to try to help others as much as we can and not think about ourselves.

After I got ready, we walked over to school. It seemed a while because we helped out some factionless along the way. I still felt nervous for the test. Once as we got to school we entered inside the building along with some Erudite people. I then heard a bang. There was a blonde Erudite girl who ran into a wall.  I noticed two Candor boys playing around with her too. She got up and stuck her tongue at them and stormed off. I really wanted to go and help her, but I decided not to even though I am not fond of Erudite people.

Once as I entered the building, there was an Erudite woman who led me to a room with mirrors and a chair. I got nervous because we are not supposed to look in mirrors for a while.

The Erudite woman says, "Please sit down. My name is Jane. This is a simulation so please do not be scared."

Jane injects me with the serum into my neck. I kept it in, and then I felt calm.

A room. That's all there was. A room, with two tables. One table had a knife, the other, cheese. I deleted with myself for a bit, but then finally choose the knife. My hand trembled with fear. I had never held a weapon before. 'Too selfless, Abnegation could never kill someone.' The voice echoed in my mind.

In front of me, the tables vanished, and a dog appears. "Aww, you look like a good boy!" I say to the dog. I had always wanted a dog at home, but they wouldn't let me have one. I pet him. But he wouldn't come any closer to me. Then I knew why. "Well I don't know what I would even need this for!" I said, and threw the knife across the room. The dog come up to me and I hugged him. He was warm and comforting, like a blanket. But then I saw something that made all my hairs stand up.

I could see a figure, a girl. The dog immediately turned and look. I could feel him slipping out of my arms, trying to get to the girl. There was a raging look in his eyes. No, I thought, don't hurt her. I held him tight in my arms, and now he couldn't slip away. But he did, and bit my wrist, causing me to let go. I then fell on top of him and felt myself sinking...

I felt something shock me back to life. What was that? "The test." Jane replies. "Did I? Say that out loud?" I ask her and she nods her head. "So... My result?" She looks at me intimidatly. "Divergent. We're going to have to kill you." Kill. That's a little far, right? "What?" I say. "Your result was Dauntless and Abnegation." Two factions. Two factions. Two factions. I say it over and over in my head. Then she presses a button and an alarm goes off. "They'll be here soon." She says to me. I wish I had that knife now... I think. Wait... No I don't. I could never kill someone.  See that's my problem... I trust too easily and have absolutely no backbone. But I'm snapped back into reality when someone opens the door. I pick out a little chip in the machine and put in in my pocket. Then I ran out the back door. Thankfully, it's not locked. Slamming it behind me, I stop and catch my breath. Then something knocks sense into me and I take off running.