ch1

I watched him from the shadows. My mate, my handsome mate, My Prince mate, MY womanizer of a mate, my mate that would never want me. Me a servant to his kingdom.

I was nothing to him and never will be. A Prince can never be with a servant even if she is his mate.  There was no law against it; it's just how it's done. Who would want to follow or listen to a Princess that was a servant? No one would that's who.

When I wasn't working with my mother I would watch him in the halls or bathroom. He was always entertaining someone as a royal does. At night though there is always a new woman in his bed. He rarely goes for the same woman twice. It's like he is looking for his mate and thinks that if he sleeps with every female wolf he will find me.

That's what hurt the most, me seeing him with them. I was his mate, ME, not them, Me. But he would never know that. I would never tell him.

I watched as he talked with a blond, I didn't know her name. I never cared to learn who they were. Her hand rubbed up and down his arm as she pushed her boobs in his face. Can anyone say slut? I've seen her before and she is trying to get back into My mates bed let every other female wolf out there that hasn't found her mate, some even then.

You may ask how I know he is my mate and how he doesn't know that I'm his. Well that's easy, I'm a servant and when I was ten years old and serving at a royal ball I bumped into him feeling the sparks. It didn't help that my wolf was yelling at me to go back to our mate when I started to run from him.

I know he felt the mate sparks because he declared to his parents that his mate was in the room moments after I bumped into him. His parents called all the unmated female wolves to the front to form a line to so he could stare into their eyes and touch there hand.

Nothing happened though, he never found me because I ran. I ran as fast and as far as my tiny legs could go.  I may have only been ten but I acted like I was twenty-five. I knew I could never be with him so I ran for days.

When I finally came back to the castle it was in an up roar. The King, Queen and Prince were trying to find me. He never saw what I looked like from the front, but from the back and knew I had black hair. That's almost half of the female werewolf population. Black hair was a popular trait.

I went to my room, which I shared with my family of four; My Father David, Mother Christina and older brother Taylor. Running to my father I jump into his arms letting the tears come.

"Sweet heart what's wrong? Where have you been these past days? "I knew I had scared my whole family, but I had used our mind link to give them updates on where I was and that I was still alive.

"I found my mate father and I can never have him." The tears wouldn't stop. Looking at my small family I could see the wheels turning in each of their brains as they all came to the same conclusion that the Prince was in fact my mate.

I can remember that night as if it was yesterday, sometimes it feels like it was.

In the end we decided that we would not tell the Prince that it was I who was his mate. We knew that he didn't want a servant for a mate and would hurt me in the end by rejecting me. That's how I've stayed hidden for the past eight years, no one ever thought to look at the servants. He never called us out to touch us. Well that was a lie he has called us out to form a line, I was never in the line though. I would always hide somewhere in the castle so as not to get me or my family in trouble.

My family had kept me a secret for eight years but it might have all been worth nothing in the end. This Saturday is my eighteenth birthday, the day that every female werewolf goes into heat for the first time unless they have mated already. The moment I awake up and walk around the castle he will smell me and my scent will lead him right to me.

Him and his wolf will be so happy to finally have caught there mate that they won't notice I'm a servant until after the mating and that's when he will reject me. Tell me I'm not worth his name and it was a mistake to mate with me. His wolf will hate him for hurt me and my wolf, but he won't care because like I keep telling you I'm a servant and no one wants a servant as a mate or Princess.

I watched as he walked out of the ballroom with the same blond women from earlier. I guess he liked her enough in bed to have her for seconds.

As I turned my back on the room heading towards my family's room, I couldn't help but think what if I had told him it was me; That I was his mate. Would things have been different?