ch 3

Chapter 3

Tomorrow was my eighteenth birthday and I had no idea what I was going to do. I couldn't stay here in the castle; he would find me the moment he woke up. With him being a royal wolf his sense of smell is extraordinary to say the least and he would have no problem finding me within minutes. He would let his wolf out a little bit to help in the hunt of me; I have no doubt about that. The one thought that has always gone through my mind about him finding me is; how does he smell my heat scent from so far away? I would think he would have to be near me to smell it, wouldn't I? Well that's easy to explain...well I thought it was...I actually don't know how to explain it really. All I've ever been told by my parents is that when a male's mate goes into heat he can smell her as if she was standing in his arms. The scent is so powerful that they don't know what hits them at first. Their wolf goes crazy wanting to be with his mate during her time.

I've even heard of where the wolf takes completely over and runs through towns to get to his mate. Of course that can't happen so the moment a wolf does that he is shot on sight. Not killed, but put to sleep so it looks like a wild wolf lost its way and our people help him back into the wild. That's what the humans think we do, but it's not. We wait until the wolf wakes up and make him shift back to his human self. Then let him on his way with guards to find his mate. If he knows where she is then she is brought to him instead of risking him shift again in public. If he gets away from his guards and shift in sight of humans then he will be sent to jail until his mates heat ended. We never resulted to killing until the male wolf kills to get to his mate because he doesn't have patience.  

The moment the clock hits midnight my wolf will be trying to claw herself out to go find our mate and in the process sending out arousal hormones like crazy. And I do mean like crazy, every un-mated wolf will be able to smell me within a block. If I stay here at the castle there is a huge chance my door will be broken down and wolves shoving into my bedroom trying to get to me. They go insane from a female's heat. It's like a switch is turned on and they are hornier than ever before. All they think about is sex and being the Alpha male, killing to get to the female even if she isn't their mate. I can't let that happen here.

I can't stay here. If I do Caden will surely kill every male that walks into my room. It would be a massacre. I love Caden to much to see him beat himself up for killing a male wolf or two that couldn't help themselves. Being a royal's mate my hormones will be twice as strong as a normal female wolf. The un-mated males will sense my power and their wolves will demand them to take me as theirs, even if they have a mate out there somewhere.  

I know my parents are worried about me going into heat. They want the best for me and I know deep down they believe it's with Caden. He can protect me and love me like a mate should. But can I trust him to love me and not cheat? I know most male werewolves will sleep around in there early years if they haven't found their mate, but he has. Well he knows I'm here, but hasn't quite found me yet. Still he should know that I would be watching him, he is my mate for goodness sake. Gosh men can be so foolish sometimes.

Looking at my father I get enough nerve to ask him." Father what should I do?" If my father told me to stay I would, but if he told me to leave the castle I would follow his directions. After all he has kept me safe and loves me deeply to know what is best for me.

It was Friday afternoon and all our chores were done. Our family woke up early every day to do ours, so that we had the afternoon off to spend together or do something that we wanted to do privately. The royals weren't normal ones; they were nice and respected all their servants. They see it as if they didn't have us, then they wouldn't be here. We made them who they are and we can take it away. Not really but you see my point.

Since tomorrow was my heat we were all spending the afternoon inside hanging out, well mostly thinking about what to do about my it.

"Your mother and I have been talking about this for a while now sweet heart and the best thing we think you should do is go live with Nickola for a while. No one will notice your absence here at the castle and if you can get away from him long enough for your heat to go away then maybe you can come back; even though we aren't so sure that's even a good idea now. If you came back to soon there would always be the chance that he would still be able to find you the moment you walked in to the castle."