Spark That Famous Smile

"So what's the deal, (Y/N)?" James asked me as the five of them sat on the couch. I stood before them, thinking deeply and nearly ignoring them.

"I need your help." I paused, staring at each of them to make sure they were listening. "And fast before Denis gets home."

"With what?" Sam spoke up. "Breaking up with Denis?" A tense feeling began to fill the room.

"No!" I scolded them, putting an exasperated hand to my forehead. "The complete opposite."

"You're going to ask him to marry you?!" Ben's jaw dropped and I giggled.

"I guess something like that." I shrugged. "But no."

"What is it? You're killing us!" Cam threw up his arms in annoyance.

"Well...I'm pregnant with Denis' baby." I squeezed my eyes shut out of fear. "And I need you to help me tell him."

"Why? Are you afraid?" James teased.

"Maybe a little...more nervous than anything." I shrugged and smiled at the carpet.

"What do you want us to do?" Ben sat back on the couch, relaxing now that the news was out.

"I'm not sure, but I definitely want you guys to be the one to tell him." I gave a sly smile. "I think I do have a little idea."

THE NEXT DAY

I helped the boys strategically place baby things around the studio for Denis to find. Then hopefully he'd question the guys about it and they'd tell him.

"What's up, guys?" Denis entered the studio just as we finished. "What...are you doing?" He awkwardly asked as we were positioned in each corner of the room.

"Nothing in particular, just waiting for you." Cam answered him before anyone else could. "Definitely not hiding things." I gave him a mean look.

"(Y/N), you watching us today, beautiful." He walked up to me and pecked my cheek.

"Yeah, totally." I lied. I meant to get out of there before he even got here. I always forget that Denis likes to be early...

The sound manager finally showed up and Denis began helping him set up the sound board. Placed around one of the knobs was a pacifier.

"What the?" I heard him question. The guys, who were tuning their instruments behind the glass, shrugged in unison as Denis held up the binky. "(Y/N)?"

"No idea." I shook my head. "Maybe someone else left it here."

"Why would someone bring a baby in here?" He asked himself in a whisper and went back to working.

Denis entered the room behind the glass and approached the stand that held their water bottles as I sat next to the sound manager and put on headphones. There sat five water bottles and a single baby bottle.

"Where's mine?" Denis asked the guys. "Wait...why is this here?" He picked up the bottle and took off the nipple. "I really don't think anyone would leave so much stuff here."

"Dude, we have no idea." Ben started giggling.

"And look at that! Instead of a sweat towel I have a baby blanket!" Denis seemed outraged. "(Y/N), what's going on?!" He shouted. I couldn't answer as he couldn't hear me through the glass.

"Dude, she's pregnant." James finally said it. The room fell silent as Denis turned to me.

"Is it true?" He asked. I nodded and began smiling as my tears started forming. I actually saw Denis' eyes getting glossy as he ran out of the room and to me.

Denis fell to the floor in front of my and wept strongly on my lap.

"Is this what you want?" I asked carefully, fearing his tears were not happy.

"I've wanted this for the longest time, (Y/N). And now it finally has happened." Denis stood and offered his hand.

"I'm so relieved. I was too scared to tell you alone, so I had the guys help by placing that baby stuff." Denis embraced me tightly.

"Don't you ever be scared to tell me something." He whispered as he held me.