Abandoned

Koyuki's POV

"Arinova! Where are you?" I sobbed as I looked frantically for the ice dragon. All I did was took a nap, then she was gone.

For 5 months I looked for any trace of any dragon.

Then, on a cold December evening I sagged through the snow looking for shelter. I was cold, so cold, the only thing I had on was a skirt and a thin jacket.

Not looking where I was going I bumped into something hard. "OW!" I said rubbing my head, I looked to see what I bumped into, it was a statue of a goddess.

"You must be very cold too" I said. I took of my jacket and laid it over the statue's feet.

Then feeling tired I curled up against the statue's feet and went to sleep.

"Wake up, child."

I stirred then sat straight up thinking it was Arinova, but only to see a beautiful women standing in front of me.

She had pure silver hair, crystal blue eyes like Arinova's , and skin as white as snow.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Sathinta, the goddess of ice." Said the strangely beautiful women. "I have been touched by your kindness and decided to take you in. Tell me child, where are your parents?"

At that I tears started to form in my eyes." I don't know, she just disappeared." I sniffed.

"Well, I'll be more than happy to take you in." said Sathinta.

So I stayed with the ice goddess for another 5 years and learned all her magic.

Then she disappeared on me too.

Am I meant to be alone? Why does everybody abandon me? I thought about that as I walked on the snowy hill top.

"Are you lost, kid?"

I jumped back and prepared to attack.

The voice laughed, "no need to be scared, I 'm Ur, what's your name?"

"Koyuki" I said quietly.

Ur was a pretty women with short dark hair.

"Well, Koyuki, tell me, are you lost?"

"more like homeless" I said.

"You know what? You remind me of my daughter. She has the same hair like you do." Said Ur with a warm smile.

"Really?" I asked.

Ur nodded, she didn't say anything for a moment "well let's get you warmed up" she finally said standing up "My cottage is just a few miles away, why don't you stay with me?"

"Can I? I don't want to cause you any trouble" I said.

Ur smiled "I'm actually kind of lonely, so I'll be glad if you'll stay."

My sadness brightened to a smile "ok!"

For 2 years I stayed with Ur.

"Ur, where are you going?" I asked one day when Ur was heading out.

"Into the village, my students are there. I'll bring them back and I'm sure all of you would be good friends" she said.

So I waited for her, for 1 year.

Then I realized that she wasn't coming back, that she abandoned me just like Arinova and Sathinta.

For the last 3 years I searched far and wide for them.

One day when I was on a snowy mountain I saw a small blob of pale pink in the snow and hurried over to it and realized that it was a pink kitten it was freezing,Without hesitation I brought the kitten to the cave I was staying at, I quickly started the campfire and wrapped the kitten in a soft blanket.

After an hour, the kitten started waking up.

It looked around and instead of saying meow it spoke human words. "Who are you?"

I jumped back,"you can speak!"

The kitten rolled her eyes and said "of course I can, now can you answer my question?"

"Oh yeah,sorry" I said "my name is Koyuki, what's yours?"

"I don't have one " the kitten said sadly.

"well, how about Roselyn?" I suggested.

The kitten smiled and said "Roselyn it is"

Roselyn became my best friend and I later found out that she was an exceed and she can talk , has wings, and can fly.

It's been too long to remember how many years it is ever since Arinova disappeared.

Today I was 17, in magnolia.

I stopped in front of a guild, I looked up and couldn't believe my eyes.