11 - Sure Poison

Chapter 11

***

I return to Kakashi’s home furious yet confused. Millions of questions keep racing through my head, but I don’t know the answer to any of them.

I know how she died, but there are more important matters at hand. Like, why would someone want to kill Ririn?! What could she have done to deserve such foul play on her life? More than anything, I really want to know who’s responsible, so I can make sure that Ririn rests in peace.

Apart from all the questions, I can’t help but feel a bit relieved. Even though my sister was rather brutally murdered, I now know that I wasn’t the one who did the killing. Though it would’ve been better if I had taken her with me then, her death is off my shoulders.

However, something else is weighing on me. Something far heavier than her death could ever bring. The weight of revenge is eating out my heart, and I must exact it, so Ririn and I may be at peace.

I sigh as I reach the door to the house. I’m a bit surprised at myself. I’m not usually like this. I’m not all that violent and up until a moment ago I believed that revenge brings nothing but a cycle of hatred, so why?

Why is it that I’m so ready to go against all my morals? Why can’t I simply let her death go? I’m pretty sure Ririn wouldn’t want me hunting down her murderers.

No. It’s not about Ririn. It’s about me. Here I was drowning in the guilt of having killed my sister, but in reality, someone else did. I can’t let them get away with it. No one is allowed to hurt my sister while I’m alive.

I enter the house with another sigh. “I guess it’s time to prepare…” I take exactly two steps into the house before I notice Kakashi, relaxed and reading his book, as I’ve noticed he always does.

“Prepare for what exactly?” He turns to me looking as curious as his one eye could show. I hadn’t even realized I had said it out loud. He sighs when I don’t answer. “I heard about it, Ririn’s death, or should I say murder.” He turns back to his book. I figured Sakura would be the talkative one.

“Did Sakura-san tell you?” I ask, staring at him intently. He simply nods, and I sigh in response. “Well, then there’s no use hiding it.”

He turns to me, looking more confused than before, if that’s even possible. I frown, “I plan to exterminate the people who dared to kill my sister. That’s what I’m preparing for.” I watch his one eye widen in shock.

He exhales in a sort of laugh type thing, “you remind me of someone I know – knew.”

Confused, I ask, “who?”

He sighs, “A student of mine; Uchiha Sasuke.”

My eyes widen in realization, remembering the guy in the woods. He definitely said his name was Sasuke…

“You’ve met him?!” he sounded rather shocked. I wonder why. Hasn’t he seen him too?

“Yeah, about two days ago in the forest.” I think back to the meeting. “It’s not that I’m ‘sad’, it’s more guilt than sadness.” What was it that he could’ve possibly been guilty of?! I should ask him, but I’m pretty sure he won’t be in the same spot if I try to find him.

I sigh and head to my room. Kakashi doesn’t try to stop me.

So for the rest of the night, I stay up thinking about the entire situation and how to go about this so called revenge I am suddenly seeking. Where do I start? What do I do? Should I even go through with it??

Millions of other thoughts circulate my mind throughout the night, draining any possible thought of sleep from my schedule. If anything good came about my sleepless night, I would say that I finally came to the conclusion that I would go through with the revenge, and I would make sure that I make it a sure poison for those who hurt the last bit of family I had left.

 ***

I think we've pretty much established the fact that Silence chapters are going to be pretty short. Again, I apologize... it's just really hard to write something I've never experienced, let alone heard of. So, please bear with me...