0.2

0.2 - Milkshake Hats

::Luke

"This place is actually really nice."

I smiled at her and I just couldn't stop. We talked for a few minutes in the car on the way here and once we got in our booth, we just hit it off.

I talked to her about music and she didn't really like my kind of music. She was more of a country kind of girl. Even though music was a big part of my life, I didn't see her differently because she didn't like my kind of music.

But, she was just so open with me and she was just so perfect. She was so beautiful to add on top of it and I think I actually found the one.

Even though this was only our first date, I realized how much I missed being able to be intimate with someone without cameras flashing in our faces. It was nice, just being alone finally and nothing, not even my career, can stand in my way.

"I know it's not that fancy or expensive but, I just wanted to finally be able to feel normal again." I said, "I'm just happy that I can spend time with you."

"That's okay." She said, "I don't expect much not even coming from you. Money isn't everything. It's about spending time with the person. Not the restaurant or the fanciness of it. Luke, you don't even need to be nervous around me. I'm just a normal girl, not a supermodel."

She was just so...down to earth! I didn't know if this was a dream or not but, I didn't want it to end even though it was just beginning. I was truly nervous that this was going to end badly like all my other relationships.

I actually needed to calm down. It's just the first date, not the day I'm going to propose. I couldn't have known everything about her in the half an hour I've seen her.

"I think we should order, shouldn't we?" I asked her, breaking the ice and the nervousness. "Maybe start with some drinks or something?"

"Yeah, sure." She said, looking around the room. "Look, the waitress is coming. Do you know what you want?"

"I think a Coke will do the body good." I chuckled, turning my head.

That's when I saw her.

Long brown hair and bright green eyes. A familiar face. The waitress walked over to us with a gleam smile and I was in complete shock when I saw her. Now, I didn't know if it was a dream or not. It couldn't be...

"I can't believe it." I mumbled, as she stood in front of us.

The waitress was Emily. She looked a bit different though with her brown hair but her face stayed the same. Except for the fact that she wore makeup now, unlike when she protested against it during school.

"Hey, I'm Emily and I'll be serving you on this fine evening." She said, and I remembered that voice like it was yesterday.

It was so weird seeing her here in Chicago when she was supposedly in New York. How did she even end up here? I wouldn't have expected that she'd be working in a diner here. But, how could I judge? She doesn't even know me.

She didn't remember me and that made my heart sink to the floor.

"Would you like anything to start? A drink or an appetizer?" She asked, and Rosalie coughed on purpose meaning that I would start talking.

I spent too much time staring at Emily that I didn't even realize that we were supposed to order. She was just so beautiful. Nothing could compare to her not even Rosalie. I thought that she was the most beautiful girl that I have ever seen but, she changed every aspect of that.