3. Tadashi- An Eternal Flame

You looked outside at the rain that had begun to hit the window pane lightly. You sighed and walked over to the dress covered with a white shopping bag, that was hung on the back of your bedroom's door. You had never gotten a chance to go to Prom, because no one had asked you. It wasn't because people didn't like you, but most of the guys at your school were jerks, or didn't feel like they knew you well enough, or you were friend zoned by them. Even though you had started seeing Tadashi, even he had not made a move on officially asking you out. At this point, you two could easily just be friends, just like most of the relationships you had had with guys in the past. You heard a knock on your front door before you were able to uncover the dress, rushing to open it.

You smiled widely when you saw that Tadashi was standing there, a few raindrops making dark dots on his grey jacket. Just seeing his face made your whole day get brighter.

"Hey, (Y/N)," he greeted, giving you a hug that you melted into.

You loved how warm he felt, and how heavenly he smelled.

"How are you," he asked as he walked on into your house.

He sat on your couch nearby, and looked up at you, smiling.

"I'm good," you lied with a fake smile.

Tadashi wore a frown on his face the moment he detected that you weren't telling the truth.

"How are you really," he asked, as you sat beside him.

You sighed, almost wishing that he couldn't read you like an open book, yet feeling relief having someone to talk to about your feelings.

"I'm just fine. I know it's stupid, but I'm sad because I bought a dress for Prom, but I never got to use it," you explained.

"How come," he asked, his eyes fixed on your side view.

You blushed as you continued, "Because no one ever asked me..."

"How could anyone not ask you? You would be the perfect date," he said, but when you looked at him, the meaning of his words seemed to sink in as he began to blush a little.

You were blushing some too, with your heart thumping inside of your chest.

"I have something to tell you, (Y/N). I really like you, and I would be honored to be your date," he said.

You were ecstatic that he had admitted that he liked you, but confused why the second part wasn't in the past tense.

"Go change into your dress, and meet me on the porch," he instructed.

You nodded your head, walking into your room, and with shaky fingers, uncovering the gorgeous gown. It was your favorite color, and absolutely beautiful. You managed to get it on, and even to slip into the matching shoes. You rushed over to your dresser to put on a little more makeup real quick. Whatever Tadashi had planned, you wanted to look the best you could for it. Thankfully, your hair was already styled into waves for the day, so you were ready to go.

You found Tadashi out on your front porch in a black tux, which he probably changed into at his house a few houses down from yours.

He smiled when he saw you and held out a red rose, which you had no idea how he had gotten.

"How," you asked him, taking the vivid, red flower.

"I rushed to the flower shop to get it," he admitted, a small blush dusting his cheeks.

"Thank you," you told him, as he gently set it down onto your porch's swing.

He held out his hand for you to take, and asked, "May I have this dance?"

You did a small curtsy with a smile, replying, "Yes, you may."

He took your hand, and placed it on his waist, you following the lead with putting your other hand on the same place.

He rested his hands on your waist, and you began slow dancing together, the rain still falling gently on top of your porch's roof.

You had been staring down at your feet, making sure not to trip, and when you looked up, that's when you noticed that Tadashi was staring at you.

"What," you blushed, feeling self-conscious all of a sudden.

"You look beautiful," he spoke, his cheeks painted a light pink.

The rain began to pick up, pouring down so hard that you could barely see.

Tadashi looked at you and smiled, leading you out into the weather.

You smiled as you two danced in the rain, not caring that your hair was getting soaked, or even your dress. You had always dreamed of dancing in the rain with the one that you loved, and in time, you knew that you could fall hard for Tadashi.

He twirled you around a few times, you both smiling widely and laughing off and on.

Finally, he pulled you close to him, and both of your laughter died down, his eyes managing to look into yours.

He slowly leaned down and pressed his lips gently against yours, kissing you for the first time.

You smiled into the kiss, unable to hide how happy you felt at the moment.

After you two pulled away the rain had begun to die down a little, but your feelings for each other were very much alive, a flame that even the rain couldn't burn out.