Chapter Six

.................................................................. Holy Crap!!! I have 130 reads!! I honestly didn't think I would ever even get 30, but thank you for the attention you've all given to my story!!! I'll try to update more!!
~Hannah
/////////////////////////////////////
James POV.

We sat there for a while longer, whether it was 30 minutes or three hours, I'll never know. She occasionally sniffed, and wiped her face, trying to collect her emotions, and I was sifting through mine.

Do I reassure our friendship? Are we best friends now? Or something more- wait, nope. Nope, nope, nopeity nope. I wasn't going to think about that. She needs me to act like a human being, not like a over-confident baboon. Friends. I love her, and she loves me like a friend. That's all I get.

For now.

:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

After a while, she started to stand, and I stood and helped her upright.

She stumbled a little, clumsy as always, and swayed before regaining her footing.

She groaned. "Why did I pick the highest place possible to throw a pity party?"

I chuckled quietly. "Maybe you wanted to be alone? . . ."

She rolled her eyes at me. "Well, you're just full of ideas aren't you?"

I smirked, mentally strategizing. "Of course, Lils, many. One of which is this."

I proceeded to pick her up by her waist and throw her over my shoulder.

Lily looked bewildered. "JAMES WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! WHY?!"

I laughed. "You looked like you didn't want to walk all the way down those stairs, and I was giving you a free ride." I paused and shuffled her around to where I was carrying her bridal style. "After all, I'm not the worst mode of transportation ever."

"I suppose you'll have to do." She responded dramatically. She then snuggled into my chest, burying her face where my heart beats.

I began my descent and after a few minutes of walking, I heard soft snores, and I knew she was asleep.

Merlin, she looked beautiful when she slept.

I whispered the password to the portrait and walked up yet another flight of stairs to Lily's room, walked inside and laid her sleeping body down on her bed.

Some part of my mind registered that my legs were numb, but I didn't care. I tucked her inside her thick comforter, and turned to leave when a small voice called out a quiet,

"Please, don't go, James." Lily murmured, eyes sleepy.

I hesitated, but gave in. "Okay." I stood there for a minute, not knowing what to do.

Lily beckoned lazily from her position, motioning for me to join her. So I did. (I removed my shoes of course.)

Lily lifted up the comforter edge and I crawled in, and Lily immediately turned her back towards me and pulled me closer to her. We were close enough that I could feel her body heat, and I knew she could probably hear my heart nearly beating out of my chest.

I murmured a quick, "Goodnight, Lily." And kissed the top of her head.

My only reply was the gentle snores coming from the open mouth of my favorite person.

Soon the melody of her snores lulled me into a safe, dreamless sleep.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())()))((()))

Hey, sorry for the short chapter, but this is kinda a filler chapter. Slightly. I don't know if I'm doing 2 more chapters or 200, but all I know for sure it the end is near. But don't worry!! I'll be working on other fanfictions, or just random stories I wrote.

THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT!!!