The Newest Vampire

I open my eyes to see David get punched.

Michael prepared for retaliation but it doesn't come, he just smiles surprising everyone who had fell silent. "How far are you willing to go, Michael"

We all walk down the old wooden stairs passing multiple signs 'Condemned', 'Unsafe' and 'Unlawful to go past this point'. A large opening in the rocks came into view, the entrance to our home. It use to be a Victorian hotel, it was mostly intact but is tilted and broken. some of the furniture was here like a front desk, lobby mural, an iron elevator and more.

"This was the hottest resort in Santa Carla back about eighty years ago. Too bad they built it right on top of the San Adreas fault" David was explaining the origin of the place, but all i wanted was for Michael to go away. I knew what they wanted to do "In 1906, when the big one hit San Francisco, the ground opened up and this place took a header into the crack"

"Man, you wouldn't believe the cool stuff we found in here " Paul piped in

"c'mon Michael, i want to go" Star said. Yes, Star leave this place with that long hair bowl of stupidity.

"No, stick around" David continued

"we were gonna grab some food" Michael explains

"Good Idea" David then turns to Marko "Marko. Were hungry" .ASSHOLE.

Marko just nods and leaves with me in tow, we walk into a kitchen type area place. He bends down and puts his hands on my shoulders. Marko looks into my eyed "I want you to stay with Star and Laddie at all times tonight, Ok?"

"Yes" i sigh

"I love you" He says bringing me into a hug "Never leave me"

"I love you too, don't leave me either" i pull out of the comfortable hug and clap my hands together "Now lets feed some teenage boys"

We walk out after about ten minutes holding cartons of takeout food "Chow Time!" I announce to the group. I hand David one then one to Paul, i then go and stand next to Star waiting for when they bring the tricks to life.

"Chinese! good choice, Nicky" David exclaims which i return with a simple nod. He pops the lid off the carton and walks over to Michael "Guests first"

Michael is hesitate at first but David just tries again "It's only rice, Don't you like rice? 300 million Chinese people can't be wrong" Michael then gladly excepts the food. I scrunch my face up in disgust as i hear what the leader of the lost boys says next "So do you like those maggots, Michael?"

"What?" Michael asked with a mouth full of 'food'

"You're eating maggots. How do they taste?"

michael looks down at his 'food' to see thousands of little wiggling grubs where the rice was. He spits out his mouth full and throws the box away in disgust, i sniffle a small laugh as he sees it was rice. Unlike me the boys roar with laughter "Leave him alone!" Star shouts from the side lines

"sorry Michael, no hard feelings, huh?" David apologizing ha it's more likely to see them in holy water swimming. he offers another carton "here. try these noddles"

Michael just looks at the food with disgust "Worms!"

"Worms?....." David tilts his head back and puts slimy bundles of wors in his mouth. I cover my mouth trying not to barth, Star see this and tries to get me to go away but i refuse to go until the wine's out

"Don't! Stop!" Michael grabs Davids arm and stops him from eating any more

"why?" He shows the box to to the teenager "They're just worms"

All the boys start laughing loudly

"That's enough!" Star bellows above the laughter. It dies down and a song comes onto the radio, it's turned up loud and everyone starts dancing. I just sit still on the seat waiting, David finally brings the wine out. He pours it into a cup and hands it to Michael, i quickley run up to him and try to make him not drink the liquid.

"It's Blood, don't drink it" I say softly before being dragged off by David

"Watch it brat, you cause him to not drink i will force you to drink blood, Got it?" He growled at me

"Yes, David, sorry, David" He just glares at me and i wimper then run over to my brother. I hug one of his legs for protection and watch Michael with everyone else, swallow the drink. I slowly shake my head in dispointment, i walk away and head to bed. I found Laddie already there sleeping, i get in and snuggle into his side soaking in his wamth. He turns over and pulls me tighter, soon Star joins we all huddle together circling the warmth around us.