Chapter 7.

Chanel

"Rico...that's a nice name. It suits you." I told him. I noticed Corey's car opposite Rico's and just rolled my eyes.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm good. Thanks for the lift. I'll see you tomorrow." I said as I got out the car. I watched him drive off to make sure he got out safely. As I made my way to my house I noticed Corey standing up outside. I sighed. I really didn't have time for him.

"Who was that?"

"Bye Corey." I said as I pushed my key through my door. He stopped me from entering.

"Chanel. Did you not hear what I said? I mean it."

"Oh I heard you Corey. I always hear you. Even when I don't want to I hear you. But clearly you don't hear me. I am nothing to do with you anymore. Remember? Those were your words not mine!" I said.

"Yeah but you know why..." Corey started but I cut him off.

"Yeah yeah yeah, because all this time I thought you was grown but when shit hit the fan I realised you ain't shit. Now move Corey."

"Everyone knows you are my girl so stay acting stubborn. But the next time you bring a car round here and it ain't someone I know they won't be leaving." He threatened. I turned to him ready to give him a piece of my mind when his phone rang.

"What's wrong? Calm down? Come over I'm at home." He said. I shook my head and pushed his arm out of my way. Just as I closed the door he put his foot in the way.

"Corey. I have had a really long day. I already had to put my hands on someone. Don't let me have to do the same to you. Go and tend to whichever whore that was on your phone and move from my door." I said and tried to squash his foot but he moved it. As I turned around Mummy Lisa was standing there.

"Don't start." I said as I put my hands up and made my way to my room. As I laid on my bed I thought all about today.
I enjoyed my class. I think I'll do really well.
I think me and Yasmine could be good friends despite her stupid sister.
I know Monique will give me more problems she just looks like that's all she's full of.
Then there was Rico, he was really nice. I looked forward to seeing him again. I smiled. There was a knock at my door.

"Go away." I said.

"Open the damn door." My brother Miles demanded. I laughed and opened the door.

"Hey bro!!" I smiled. He wasn't my real brother but he was the oldest in the house and looked out for us all. As I said this home was one big happy non biological family.

"What's up sis. How was college?"

"It was good! I got into a fight though." Me and Miles started laughing.

"I am not surprised. What happened?" I told him about the Monique girl and everything that happened.

"Well sounds to me like you held your own. What I really came in here for though was about that little altercation you and Corz just had." I rolled my eyes.

"Nothing. Just Corey being Corey."

"You still dealing with him?"

"No."

"Good. I told you about him. He's a wrongen. I warned him. That's why I don't fuck with him anymore."

"Because of me?" This I never knew.

"Yep. For some reason he always had his eye on you. Maybe because you wasn't like the rest of the girls on the ends. But I told him your underage and I told him your mans little sister. He told me he would respect me and not try anything. Next minute you are telling me he's your boyfriend. I couldn't and wouldn't ever be mad at you. But me and him had a fight and I couldn't and wouldn't respect him again. I told him if he ever hurt you I would kill him. And everyone knows I don't joke. I'm real with my words. They don't call me Mad Miles for no reason." He said. I hugged him so he couldn't see my tears. I never knew this and it brought back everything that happened over the summer.

"Aye. What's wrong?" He asked. I didn't say nothing.

"Nell you know you can talk to me init? Did he hurt you?" He asked. I looked at him and wanted to tell him so bad. But I didn't want him to do anything to put him in trouble. His birthday was Christmas Day so come the new year he would be able to get his own place and stuff.

"I...I just didn't know you cared." I lied. He laughed.

"Listen...we may not be blood brothers and sisters but the love is as real as can be." He said and we hugged some more. I sure would miss him when he leaves.

I went downstairs to tell the others how my day went. After dinner I went to put the rubbish out. Just as I was walking back from the bins I saw Corey talking to one girl. Most probably one of his whores.

He saw me and tried to shout for me but I ignored him. I continued walking until I heard the girl say "how you know that bitch." I stopped and turned around ever so quickly.

I had to laugh, they say it's a small world and indeed it is. Of all the people it could have been it had to be that bitch Monique...