Awkward encounters

"Chaerin-ah, you can visit me as and when you like, just ring me up and I'll open my doors. It's not like I'm migrating to some far away land." I tapped chaerin on her head and proceed to carry my next box of items. She had been walking to and fro beside me, portraying her sulky face. "And you can also help me carry these boxes while you sulk."

"Yah! Is this how you are going to thank me for the past 5 years?" Chaerin and I had been roommates since forever and now that I grew a mind and do not want to impose her of anything, I decided to be independent and move out. But little miss sulky was thinking otherwise.

"I'll get you pizza someday alright? Now will you help me?" Besides being roommates, boss, oops I mean best friend, who bosses me around. I guess it's my fault for playing along. She enjoys it and I don't mind, so I guess it's a win-win situation. Although that was not what Seungri thinks? He thinks that I'm being to kind to Chaerin and that I should show her whose boss.

The thing about them is that Seungri thinks that he is the dominant party, but in my opinion, Chaerin is. But they go well, Chaerin would more often than not give in to Seungri whenever he throws his usual tantrum and Seungri would all the time, willingly be a slave for her. It's cute.

"So, will you be coming over to cook dinner for me?" I leaned over the window with Chaerin fixing her hair on the side mirror.

"Nah, I'm going out with Seungri tonight. Try not eat takeaways alright?" She looked up and smiled at me.

"Only if you'll cook for me." I wind up the windows and waved Chaerin good bye.

After driving for 30 minutes, I think I found the place and parked at the most convenient spot. I dismounted the driver seat and took out a piece of paper. There was a phone number together with the unit number of the apartment I am going to be staying at. I dialled the number and a deep voiced man answered the phone.

"Is this Mr Choi?" I asked.

"Ah, the new tenant. About that, I am currently overseas. But I left a set of keys with Bom so you can find her for the keys."

"B-bom?"

"Your neighbour."

"Oh, okay. Thanks Mr Choi."

Do not ask me why I choose to stay with a man, I just liked this place and the environment seems great, thus, my decision to stay here.

After ending the call, I made my way towards the stated unit on the paper and... I got lost. So much for being independent. I approached this young looking lady who looks to be around my age.

"Excuse me, do you know where unit 818 is?"

"Are you Seunghyun's new tenant?" I nodded my head.

"Welcome, welcome." She shook my hand profusely and flashed me a really bright smile. "Let me go to my house to the take keys first."

I followed closely behind, remembering every turning she took and every iconic landmark we passed by. We reached her apartment and she invited me in.

"Chanwoo-ah, can you serve noona a drink?" She shouted upon stepping into the house. She then pointed the sofa to me. "You can take a seat here."

She then went towards a door which I presumed is her bedroom and a little boy came out from another door, walking towards the kitchen. A little while later, the boy peaked his head out and asked, "noona, do you want orange juice or just plain water?"