Chapter 10: Pinky promise

Lucy's POV
-Lucy: "H-he's...what?!" I yell out, my eyes slowly getting full of tears.

-Natsu: "Luce! What's wrong?! Who the hell is that?!" I ignore Natsu and continue on the phone.

-Commander: "We believed we had proof of his death but he's been recognized. He's been living in Afghanistan ever since the day we thought he was gone. He's here in the military base of Tokyo and the first person he asked for was you." I could hear Master's and Natsu's voice, but just ignored them.

-Lucy: "Alright, I'll be on my way. Thank you." I close the phone and stay frozen for a period of time. I could hear Master's and Natsu's voice, but just ignored them. My heartbeat was threatening me. I felt as if I wanted to die, or live in a hole. I didn't know what to feel due to my shock. I didn't know if I should be glad or terrified of the outcome. I believe I was both. I should have fought for more evidence. I should have known that wasn't enough to determine his death. I should have demanded his body. Finally, all of my mixed emotions filled in. Before I knew it, I threw the cellphone at the wall, started crying loudly and fell onto my knees. Natsu dropped to the floor next to me and started hugging me for comfort.

-Natsu: "Tell me when you're ready sweety. Just breathe in, and breathe out." There's nothing better than a person comforting you without saying 'Its ok' , because most of the times...its not.

-Lucy: "Master." I say with a dried throat tone. He looks at me and I take a deep breath. "The person I was speaking to on the phone was a comrade of Laxus, he informed me that Laxus has been alive all this time. H-he... he's been living in Afghanistan all this time!" I yell with a shaky voice and fall apart again. Master's eyes were wide and his expression couldn't define his feelings. He was speechless.

-Natsu: "Baby, isn't that a good thing? You can tell him that you forgive him now. You... I...." He shuts his eyes and takes a deep breath. "I understand if you don't want to continue our relationship..." He says, his voice full of pain. My insides felt as if they were being ripped apart. I started receiving nausea at the thought of not being with Natsu. It got even worse when I remembered how I was with Laxus.

-Lucy: "No no no, don't leave me Natsu... I-I need you." I say gripping onto his shirt. He smiles slowly and slightly. He held my hand and kissed it.

-Natsu: "Well, I trust you. I can take you and stay in the car. I doubt he'd want to see his ex wife's boyfriend." He says running his hand through my hair. I nodded and smiled myself.

-Lucy: "Master, lets go. I'm taking you with me." I say smiling up at him. His face hasn't changed the slightest but slowly, it turned into a happy one. He jumped off his chair.

-Makarov: "Let's go brats!" He yells enthusiastically. We walked out of his office and arriving to the door, I froze. 'Should I tell Mira...? But she's moved on...' I think about it hard. "What's wrong child?" I look up at him and smile.

-Lucy: "I was just wondering if I should bring Mira..." Natsu starts scratching his neck.

-Natsu: "Lucy, I love Mira and all but... he asked for his wife... not mistress. I think you should tell her that he's here and okay but they should meet up another time. Actually, you should let him talk to Mira himself." I looked down and nodded. We walked out, and entered Natsu's car. I started thinking, what should I even tell him? What if he wants to get back together with me? I want to be with Natsu, but I don't want to leave him hanging either.