Chapter 4

I woke up in my room, wondering how I got there. Then I remembered yesterday's break down and Noah comforting me. As I looked down at myself, I noticed I was still in my dirty clothes. I started to take them off, finding that it was a very difficult task. After I finally got all of my clothes off, I started to put on my bikini top. I tried so hard to tie it on my own, with one hand, but I just couldn't do it. I had to ask my mom to come in and tie it back for me. I suddenly realized how even the smallest things that I've never paid attention to are going to be very hard.

I decided that I would go down to the beach and watch Alana and Bethany surf. Maybe I could learn a few things from them while I watch.

"Hey! Can you come in yet?" Alana asked me while paddling back to shore towards me.

"No, two weeks, then I'm back on the waves!" I said excitedly.

"Yay! I'm going to go back out and catch the last waves of the day." Alana explained while running back into the water. Then I heard someone walking towards me from behind. Then the person sat down next to me, and when I turned my head, I saw it was Noah.

"How did you sleep?" He asked casually.

"Good, was that you who carried me up to my room?" I questioned him.

"Yeah, I didn't want to wake you," he explained.

"Thank you." I replied.

"Hey Dani, can I ask you something?" He asked softly.

"Yeah, sure. What is it?" I said in the same tone.

"Do, do you like me, more than a friend?" He asked while looking towards the sand. I was first shocked by his question. I don't think I act flirty or anything towards him. Maybe Bethany said something! Ugg! That girl! After long consideration about his question, I finally answered,

"...Yes..." While looking at him. He looked up and we looked at each other in the eyes. After a while, I broke the stare, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"What if I told you I felt the same way? What would you do?" He asked me.

"I would ask why now? Why wait to do this when I only have one arm left?" I said raising my voice with every word.

"Almost losing you was terrible. I realized that I wouldn't be able to live with out you." He stated, then walked away, back to his house. I was shocked. Was this his way of telling me that he liked me too? I felt like this was way deeper than a little crush. I decided to go back home and rest some more. I'm supposed to have a news interview tomorrow. I only agreed because I would get a free prosthetic for my arm that looked real. I am so pumped to get another arm!

*Authors Note*

Sorry it wasn't a long chapter! Just kinda wanted to get some romance in there! Ok back to the story!