Daddy's Dead

Destiel

Summary: The floor is lava.

(PARDON THAT TITLE THOUGH, COULDN'T HELP MYSELF)

Castiel could hear the squeals coming from the living room all the way across the house. Out of curiosity, he put his papers down and walked to the room.

To say he was surprised at the scene he saw was an understatement. There were cushions and pillows sprawled across the floor and the furniture was out of place. Mary was running on the pieces of furniture, squealing and laughing as she did. Dean was following her. Both of them were screaming about lava.

"What's going on here?" Castiel asked, interrupting the two.

Both of their heads shot up, finally noticing Cas. A few moments of silence passed before Mary took a sharp intake of breath.

"Daddy's dead." she whispered, fear washing over her features.

"The floor is lava." Dean explained, looking at his husband. "You're burning."

Castiel quickly jumped on to a cushion, pretending his feet were on fire.

"I'm on fire! Help, Mary, help me!"

Mary quickly hopped to the pillow closest to her father and she poured pretend water onto his burning feet.

"There!" she exclaimed, a proud look on her face. Castiel smiled in thanks and continued to hop around on the furniture, the other two following suit.

Dean paused after a few minutes and whispered to Cas. Mary watched her dads suspiciously, wondering what they were plotting. Dean lunged towards Mary, picking her up and twirling her around in the air.

"Put me down! Put me down!" she giggled, hitting Dean's arms in an attempt to escape.

"If you insist." he stated, gently placing her on the floor. On the lava.

She quickly hopped up and started shrieking, saying she was going to burn if she was in much longer. Dean picked her up again and placed her on the couch.

Meanwhile, Castiel had escaped into the kitchen and was getting ice cream for the three. He returned to the living room, ice cream in hand, and gave everyone their bowl. Mary pouted when she saw that her dads had bigger bowls than she did.

"This will help with the lava. When we finish it, the lava will be gone." Dean explained to Mary. Mary nodded and quickly ate her ice cream.

"I love you." Dean whispered, looking over at his husband.

"I love you, too." Castiel responded, staring back at Dean.

"I love me!" Mary shouted, trying to join the conversation.

The two chuckled and looked at their daughter.

"And we love you, too."

*

I don't really like this one but I am trying to think of other stuff to write.