parallel lines.

“this is a mistake,” she says, “this whole thing. we’re messed up together. we’re like—like a scientific law being proven wrong, an imbalanced equation. we’re not allowed to exist like this. i wasn’t supposed to meet you, you weren’t supposed to meet me. now look where it’s gotten us both.” she stares up at me with those huge eyes, big blue deer in the headlights almost and i feel like i can drown in them and my throat tightens when i see her expression, pained and devastated and nostalgic.

“it still happened, though,” is all i can manage to say, “i mean, i still met you.”

i can barely hear the sigh that escapes her as she takes my hand and i clutch it because it is a lifeline. “and that is what makes all the difference in the world.”

                                                                        \\\

beautiful sarcastic intelligent misanthropic: ver, always the popular one, now wants nothing to do with anyone after a summer that she is sure to remember for the rest of her life, especially with her scar to remind her. right now, there are only her and her numbers, scientific processes that require only her mind, hard and cold.

artistic introverted gifted lost: brody has been a loner for as long as he can remember. and when no one is there, who will hear you scream? even though he’s found a voice in his gift for the theatre, it might not be enough to drown out a silence that has been there for his entire life.

when they meet, they automatically see in each other their own reflections: two people tossed into a sea, struggling to stay afloat, so alike in so many aspects, almost—parallel.