Chapter 38- wine

WOW THERE IS FANART OF THEM
---

The night came to an end. Gray walked over the beach and the dancefloor to search for the pieces of clothing he had lost during this night. He was a little confused, if he may admit so.

He was still angry because Juvia gave her heart to the wrong man. But on the other hand, he wanted to stay closer to her than ever before to prevent something similar happening again.

As he picked up the last piece of clothing, Juvia appeared behind him with a shy smile on her face.
Gray allowed himself once more to look at her. The tight upperbody shower of her good figure while the skirt hid her tights, the best part.

'Everyone is leaving', Gray folded the clothes over his arm.

Juvia nodded and started to walk to the bedroom they shared. During the dance it felt like they were alone. But now she knew better then before that people were watching them, listening to their words.

Uncomfortable with the mask Juvia tried to loosen the knot when they got in the bedroom. But she had to give up after a while. 'Gray-sama? Could you help?', she played with the knot a little longer to show her struggle.

'You're making it even more difficult', he mumbled while dropping the clothes onto the bed before he walked over.
Juvia lifted her blue hair into the air to give him a clear vieuw of that teasing knot. A couple of short strains of hair got entangled in it.

Gray started to free her hair before he loosened the rope. 'This will hurt...', Gray gave a quick pull while some hair was still stuck.

'Thanks', she turned around and took the mask from his hands.

Gray looked at her again while she removed the hair she had lost.
He sat down on the bed when he felt looking was turning into staring.

'Look', Juvia crawled over the bed to the nightstand. 'They gave us wine'. She was already opening the bottle. 'Would Gray-sama care for a sip?'

He doubted. She was acting too cheerful for the situation. She acted as if they were as close as before. Something big happened.... how could she act so carefree?

One wineglass was already full when she stared at him, waiting for the answer. Gray nodded before he knew it. It was difficult to resist.

Juvia crossed her legs and sat on the bed. The blue fabric of the dress crowned her body. It created a flowing wrinkles on the bed as if the ocean itself came to visit. In the middle was Juvia, with the wineglass in her hand she seemed as if she was the queen of the ocean.

Gray shook away those thoughts and sat on the edge of the bed. He accepted the glass and took a sip. It was more sour then he had imagined.

'Not to Gray-sama's taste?', Juvia took another sip.

'Couldn't you find beer?'

She ocean-queen giggled. 'Juvia doesn't think they left a bottle', she tasted the wine again, this time a big gulp.

'Thirsty?', Gray raised his eyebrows. Three sips/ gulps in under a minute. Before he knew it, there was a fourth.

'It's because we danced', Juvia shrugged and a fifth gulp went down the throat. After that she put it down. Gray was worried for a moment so he was glad that she put it down.

'Do you want to go to sleep?', he asked her. 'I could change in the bathroom if you like'.

'It's alright. Juvia will change in the bathroom', she bumped against the wineglass when she tried to stand up. The glass fell over the bed and wine colored the dress red. Gray jumped up and grabbed a wet towel from the bathroom. He sped back but the red color wouldn't fade. 'I'm getting something to clean it with'. He was already out of the door before she knew it.

She didn't care for the dress. It wasn't her dress, nor did she want to have it because it was given by the rich man, Bacchus. She allowed herself to take another gulp of the wine, since she didn't have to watch Gray sending judging glances.

She knew Gray better than anyone else. She knew he was still bothered and it hurt her more than she could explain. She sobbed and snickered without tears. She was loosing Gray.

She wasn't blind for his trouble mind. He must hate her because she kissed and married Bora.

The magic of the dance during the night didn't promise her that everything was solved. There were still problems they had to talk about. And they couldn't talk as long as they stayed in this place.

Suddenly the door opened. Juvia whipped away the non-exciting tears and put away the glass. 'Your quick Gray-sama'.

'Wrong', around the corner Bacchus appeared.

'Bacchus-san!', Juvia stood up and remembered that she shouldn't know that it was his mansion. 'Are you here on holiday?', she quickly added.

'I'm not', he sat on the bed, his back faced Juvia. She chose to get some more distance and crawled up against the back of the bed. 'Hey, do you remember me, Juju?'

Juju? the name rang a bell, but the young woman didn't know where she recognized it from. 'Juvia believes you are from the guild of Quatro Puppy'.

'And?'

The watermage shook her head.

'Figures...', at that moment the door swung open and Gray entered. In his hands he held some kind of bottle with stain-remover.

'Bacchus?', he asked genuinely surprised.

'Hey Gray', he responded. 'Could you leave for a moment. I'm talking to Juvia here'.

'I'm not going anywhere'.

Bacchus glared at him. 'You sure are funny. Now get out'.

'Juvia prefers Gray-sama to be here', a pillow covered her chest and the wine stain. It was certain that they wouldn't be able to defeat him if they were alone. But together they could defeat him.

'Fine, stay', Bacchus signed Gray to stand in the opening of the door. 'But stay there... Gray'. The icemage grumbled something in response but obeyed. He was going to keep his eyes open for any strange movements.

Bacchus turned his attention back to Juvia. 'Did you like the dress? I wasn't sure how you would like it'.

'... it's nice', Juvia ask with a little hint of confusion.

'Not my fault if it wasn't perfect. The seamstress didn't know what to do when I showed her that simple drawing of yours and said to copy that. I didn't even have your measures, luckily Cana helped me with some', he snickered.

As he was talking, Juvia started to remember a faded memory. She was four at that time and getting married to a five year old boy. They just got a treat at the orphanage. Every child received a bag of candy and each bag contained at least one candy ring.
That same day Juvia and her best friend promised each other their hand. On the balcony of the orphanage, in the middle of the terrible rain, Juvia received her first kiss.
Bacchus proclaimed her his wife and kissed her cheek.

Soon after he disappeared and Juvia was left alone in that awful orphanage. Surrounded by people who hated her.

'Bacchus', Juvia whispered. 'You've changed'.

'So you didn't completely forget me Juju', he grinned wide. 'I drink to that!', he took the wine bottle and gulped half of it down.