chapter 25- accept my love

Gray was looking up to the ceiling. The last days were hard on him. He thought several times that he saw something in Juvia. The same smile she gave him before or the same loving tone in her voice. But it was all in within his mind.

He wanted her to go back to her old self, he missed her.

Gray starts to faintly blush. When did I become so hopeless in love? He didn’t mind this feeling. Just a shame the feeling wasn’t returned... at the moment. She said she was sure she was going to fall in love with me again. I will trust her.

When the frustrations became too much to bare he stood up. He leaves the house and walks towards FairyTail. The last days he walked between his house and the guild. He didn’t like the chaotic vibe of the guild but disliked solitude his house had to offer even more. Before Juvia came into my life I was happy being alone, guess she changed that too.

He looked behind himself, sensing the strange feeling like someone was stalking him. He saw a flash of pink hair before being slammed against the ground.

‘Damn it Natsu, get of me!’ Gray pushed him away. ‘What do you want?’

‘Fight me Gray!’ Natsu jumped up and he lit his hands, letting the flames lick his arms as he let the fire spread. Gray stood up.

‘Not in the mood, leave me alone’, Gray put his hands in his pockets and started walking away.

‘Not today’, without a warning Natsu made contact with his cheek.

Gray rubbed the sore spot. ‘What’s your problem?’, he spit the words in anger.

Natsu showed his grin. ‘Thought a good fight with a friend could help… You haven’t smiled in a long time, you know?’

So even Natsu saw? ‘Fine, but you asked for it’. Gray cracked his knuckles.

‘Come at me ice-princes’, Natsu still grinned. Gray jumped forward and Natsu replied doing the same. Their fist hit mid-air with the same force behind it. They jumped back, making space for the next attack.

Gray showed a genuine smile before running towards Natsu with a gush of ice-cold air behind him.

The fight continued for a while till they had to make it a tie. ‘I guess I win that round flame-brain’, Gray grinned.

‘WHAT!? As if!’ Natsu growled back at his friend as he sat on the ground catching his breath. Gray was the first to stand up. He offered Natsu a hand which he gladly accepted. They both walked to the guild. ‘Thanks’ Gray mumbled.

Natsu laughed, ‘Anytime’.

The whole guild was in high spirits when they walked in. Lucy ran towards Natsu with Juvia behind her.

‘What happened?’, she gasped seeing his wounds. Her hands swept over the scratches on his face and arm.

‘Nothing, just a friendly fight’, he smiled towards Gray and left with Lucy for some bandages. Gray was alone with Juvia.

‘Is Gray-sama alright?’ Juvia asked. She really sounded concerned. He was glad to hear that concern.

‘yeah. I’m fine’, he showed her a smile. This was the first time since a long time where he was able to look her into the eye like this. Those clear blue eyes. It ached to know he had to wait.

Juvia blushed as he stared in her eyes. She looked away. Before she was even able to walk away he grabbed her hand. ‘Wait’, he said. He wasn’t even sure what to say, what to do. But he didn’t want her to walk away, acting like there wasn’t something between them. Surely there was something. Or was it again his imagination? He let go of her hand.