Mad Man and a Blue Box

It had been months since Clara had seen or even spoke to The Doctor. Months since she'd quit her job as a secondary school English teacher. Months since her heart had been broken by a man who was too honourable to stay behind from war. What war, you ask? World War II. Yes, it's 2015, but anything is possible when you know... Or knew a mad man with a blue box.

At precisely 6:25 am Clara's alarm went off, just like every morning. She got up, padded to the kitchen and fixed herself a bowl of frosted flakes from the only box of cereal she had in the cupboard. Instead of waiting for the kettle to boil when she started to make a cup of tea, her mind wondered to her laptop which was sitting at the side of her dark, brown, leather sofa in the living room; what would she have to do today? Being  a slight procrastinator in the work front Clara savoured the only time she wasn't working: between 6:25 am and 6:50 am every morning - those twenty five minutes were heaven for her.

She had to physically force her body to move when she looked at the clock - 6:49 am.
She couldn't be late. If she wanted to finish working out the codes to the database of the local bank, she had to be fast. Anyone could track her if she so much as made one error in her typing, which she usually did at the speed of light, her fingers gliding over the keyboard like an animal hunting for food, only Clara wasn't hunting for anything, just a distraction. She logged in to the new laptop that she had bought several months ago after she left her teaching job and located the relevant files that she need to encrypt, starting her work, which would no doubt take the whole day.

By 7:00 pm her hands had almost seized up from the frantic speeds that she had been moving her fingers at, but she had managed to finish the encryption and hack into the banks data base, accessing all the clients information including credit card numbers, names, addresses, bank statements - everything. She could ruin a large number of people's lives with just one click; however she wasn't doing this to ruin innocent people's lives, she was doing it to reward the people. Reward them for the money that the bank had been laundering under the publics noses. To finally try and beat the corrupt society that had been formed when S.H.I.E.L.D mysteriously disappeared. Her mouse hovered over a file that was heavily coded and secured, it took another three hours to overcome the file that would help to lead society back into the light... She was about to transfer money back into the accounts and expose the bank founders for what they were, crooks and criminals, when a small thud resounded from the kitchen. Her hand reached behind the sofa to grab onto the baseball bat that was hid well and she descended into the one place that she didn't want to be right now - her kitchen. Clara spun in circles, analysing the whole kitchen for clues. The grey granite countertops were clear of footprints by the window, the black and white checkered floor tiles were as clean as ever, and the cream walls were spotless. She lowered her weapon when a squeak echoed from behind her back. Spinning around Clara managed to gain a view of a tall male in armour, half his face covered by a mask, long, dark brown hair and a metal... arm? Before she could properly react his hand flew out and punched her, knocking her onto the floor, passed out. Gripping her around the waist, the male exited the same way he entered the small house, through the kitchen window, being careful not to hit Clara on anything else, aside from her earlier run in with his fist.

A/N: Yay! I'm writing a new fanfiction crossover thing after I got the idea for a Bucky x Clara trailer I made for my youtube. I'll try to link the video above if you want to watch it :).