one

past the limit of a hundred, an amount of fish get ridiculous. especially in the hundreds that swam in their tanks, the reflection of their blue backgrounds reflecting upon michael's eyes as he peered around in wonder.

he had been standing there for about twenty minutes now, trying to decide on which fish he wanted. a six foot four boy with a few tattoos running up his arms with a pocket knife in his pocket choosing a fish wasn't a daily sight in the pet shop.

luke was waiting patiently until his monitor hit the twenty five minute mark so he could go help out. with a rhythm of fingers padding against his desk and the sound of the gerbils squeaking, the two were the last ones in the shop at the late hours.

the waiting was becoming insufferable for luke, so he stood up from his location and walked to punk, patting his shoulders to catch his attention away from the fish. michael jolts in shock before looking back, seeing the worker giving him a small frown.

"excuse me, do you need some help?" luke asks, looking up at michael and michael nods.

"i want a fish that looks like this." he flashes a picture of a fish he had made his background for convenience and luke nods slowly.

"that's an angel fish, wait." luke hums, walking to the other side of the wall of tanks and tapping the glass of a tank. "this one." he informs and michael stalks over, seeing the tank filled with pretty fish, frilly tails waving behind them.

"perfect, thank you so much... luke, cute name." michael nods, taking in luke's magnificent looks and luke blushes a little with a chuckle. "no problem, how many do you want?" luke asks and michael remembers that it's luke's job to do this.