three

michael tried to tug the pet shop door open but it was locked, simply bouncing the handle against him. but it was the time luke normally worked, so he couldn't fathom why it was locked. maybe luke was sick? maybe luke is dead?

now he had to get in to check if luke was okay. he ran backwards and shuffled through a floral area for a rock to break a window with.

"michael?" he hears and michael turns around, seeing luke holding keys without his apron on. michael sighs in relief, crossing his chest in prayer before running over to luke and nearly hugging him but stopping himself.

"hey, sorry, you weren't there so i got worried and thought you might've died." michael apologises profusely and luke gives him a freaked out look because bursting out laughing, michael managing a weak smile. "oh god, you are funny, michael!" he squeaks and michael grins confidently.

"i was just locking up, have you come back for one of those bloody fish?" luke asks and michael nods a little shamefully. "i mean, if you want we can go through the back entrance?" luke hums and michael smiles.

"yeah, sure, so have you got a girlfriend or?" michael asks but realises how invading his question is when luke starts laughing. "i think i'd die if i did! nah man, i'm gay." he reveals and michael's eyes widen. "me too!"

he squees and luke turns around with a huge smile. "no way, really?" he hissees and michael nods avidly. luke gets them in the shop and turns the lights on, triggering a lot of squeals from the animals.

"have you looked outside of the fish?" luke hums and michael shakes his head. luke reaches in and pulls a little gerbil out of a tank, letting michael stroke it softly.