1. The Ballerina and The Hip Hop Dancer

A/N- Hello! This is my second work entitled: The Ballerina and The Hip Hop Dancer, but you already knew that... Anywhoo, I really would like this story to do well considering the fact that I may not be the best writer out there but I try to... If you like your regular teen fictions involving dance or something like that then I advise you in the most politest way to start to read this!

Okay, enough from me... Enjoy😊
-----------------------------------------------
Have you ever had that feeling when something makes you so happy that you can't help but smile and think how lucky you are? Well... That's how I felt the first time I took a dance class at the age of three...

Hi, my name's Brooklyn Evans and like I said, I've been dancing since I was three years old. My dream is to become a professional ballet dancer and travel with a ballet company but I can't do that until I am the best I can be and I'm prepared also until I finish my home-schooling which isn't for another year but I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to pursue my dream. I'm originally from Wolverhampton in the UK but I've recently moved to Toronto, Canada with my Mum, Dad and brother Damon.

I was going to be the only one moving to Canada to further my training at a better dance studio seeing I had finished everything I needed to do at my old one back home... My old studio; World of Dance, was a small little studio in the middle of town, seeing our town was only small anyway but I loved every minute I was there. My teacher Miss Lila taught me everything I know about ballet really and she inspired me to become a ballerina because she was once a ballet dancer for a major company too. When I left Wolverhampton, I was devastated to leave Lila but she always told me to always be strong and don't let opportunities slip away before you get the chance to grab it and take them... I never really understood what she meant until I was a little bit older but I will always take her advice with me wherever I went...

Anyway, enough about my life story for now but I will say this much... When I moved to Canada, I expected myself to focus on ballet and only ballet which I did but I realised I had no friends and not a lot of the people at my new studio (TDA- Toronto Dance Academy) would talk to me... I'd occasionally get a smile or a faint hello from people but otherwise nothing.

I'd only been here for two weeks and still hadn't made any friends until one day that changed...
*****************
It was Monday today and the start of another week at dance... I forced myself out of bed and downstairs to the kitchen where my parents and brother were sitting around either eating or talking... I made myself some toast and once I finished, I went back upstairs to get my stuff ready.

I put my stockings, leotard and tights on then I put my favourite dance shirt over the top. I put my ballet shoes and pointe shoes in my dance bag along with a change of clothes for when I finish. I grabbed my phone and went downstairs without realising I had no shoes on. I ran back up and put on my slip-ons then ran back down into the kitchen to grab some food and my water bottle.

"Bye mum... I'll be back around five-thirty." I called, grabbing my keys and heading out.

This part of Toronto wasn't always quiet but it wasn't very loud, if that's a way to put it... I always walked to TDA and I didn't really see many teenagers or people in general walking their dogs or something... Either way this part of town was like a mystery...

I arrived at TDA and went to my locker which I was given the first day I got here. I was the first one here today so I quickly put my pointe shoes on and went to the barrè to warm up. About fifteen minutes later, (after I'd finished warming up) the other dancers started turning up. Our head choreographer Alexandra called us into the main studio for a few minutes to talk about what we were going to be doing today.

"Okay guys, we're doing a workshop type of class today and you'll be split up into three groups of four."

Three groups of four, huh, I never realised how small this group of dancers were... Twelve people.

Alexandra started putting us into the groups and instructed each one to go into another studio and work on some stuff with the other choreographers... I got put into a group with only one other girl and two guys but none of them were in the same style as me... The girl, whose name I didn't know, was a jazz dancer and the two guys whose names' I also don't know, were hip hop and break dancers.

The teacher we had was named Blake and he was sort of nice sort of tough but I guess all teachers have to be... He started our workshop off by playing a game where we do a dance step or sequence and give a little information about ourselves.

One of the guys started by doing a standing back tuck and then told us some stuff about him. From what I learned his name was Sebastian, he's sixteen and he's been a break dancer since he was seven but he's self taught even though he takes classes. I was just relieved that I wasn't the only sixteen year old here. Next was the other girl. She did two pirouette's and an illusion. I learned that her name was Paris and she was seventeen although she looked a lot older. She had been dancing since she was four and has lived in Toronto since forever.

Blake told me it was my turn next. So I pulled out my best (and favourite) ballet step... Posè Pirouette's. I did about four then moved back into the little circle we were standing in.

"Hi, I'm Brooklyn Evans and I'm sixteen. I may sound British and that's because I moved from England to here to further my training in ballet so I can hopefully one day achieve my dream of becoming a professional ballerina and touring with a ballet company. I've been dancing since I was three and have loved ballet ever since. I do other styles but Ballet is my strong point."

Everyone in the room seemed to give each other mixed signals and feelings but I wasn't exactly bothered considering I knew none of them would be friends with me... The last guy was named Elliot and he was seventeen. He was a hip hop dancer and like me he'd been doing it since he was three although he wasn't exactly self taught like Sebastian.

I have to admit, Elliot was kind of attractive but he wasn't someone that struck me as the chick magnet type... If that makes any sense. I mean, what would I know, I've never really liked anyone before or met many guys except for my brothers friends and a couple back at WOD, (World of Dance) but I guess knowing his name was something.

The rest of the workshop was fun and a bit challenging but I was always up for a challenge. We learnt a new dance and we were given the task of preparing a short solo piece to show the rest of the group. I did my best but it seemed to be uninteresting towards the others except Elliot. He was watching the whole time whereas Sebastian and Paris would occasionally speak a word to each other then continue watching me... I only knew this because I could see them every now and then through the mirror.

Blake seemed to like it but I still wasn't convinced that these people were going to be 'friends' of mine any time soon. I watched Sebastian's and Paris's solos which were good but when Elliot showed his, I was far more interested because his actually had creativity and basically it was more entertaining to watch. He occasionally gave me a smile or looked at me which creeped me out and made me feel good, I think...

After the workshop was over we all met back in the main studio A and shared our 'experiences'. Then it was about 5:15 so I only had fifteen minutes left before I could go home and do nothing until tomorrow when I was back in here, training and aiming to get better at my dancing. My actual classes started tomorrow so that's why I wasn't exactly worried about today's workshop and whether I made friends or not. It was a fun experience but I came here to dance not make friends... Sure I'd like some but who wants to be friends with a ballerina anyway?

I got home and had a shower, dinner, watched some tv for a bit then went to bed. The next morning I woke up and the same routine as yesterday applied to today.