11. Water Park Pizza & Rom Com's Pt. 1

I arrived at Toronto Dance Academy this morning and no one was here yet so I thought I'd warm up and stretch then begin working on my solo so I could audition for the solo spot for regionals. I chose to do 'Life Is Worth Living' because it was probably the one song that I could easily choreograph to and I already had a story behind the dance, both good and bad sides to it as well. It was going to be a contemporary solo this time seeing as I always have done ballet and for all the competitions I've been to, I've always won the solos category because I do ballet solos but this time I wanted to do something different and try a contemporary styled routine.

I put my dance bag off the side and took off my shoes then grabbed my phone and plugged it into the speaker and pressed play... I started moving slowly just listening to the music and then started improvising... I had a couple of ideas in mind so I worked them in with the music and before I knew it, I'd already done half of my solo. I stopped the music and went over the choreography a couple of times before pressing play again and doing my solo full out this time...

I liked this dance because it was something I'd never done before and I liked how I chose contemporary instead of ballet for once.

I practiced my solo a few more times after that before taking a break and finally being happy with what I got. I took my bag and shoes over to the locker port and noticed that I was no longer the only one here. About half of the dancers at TDA were all sitting in the foyer waiting for something. I put my bag in my spot and sat next to Sebastian, someone who I haven't really spoken to and who I haven't seen around this place in a while... We didn't really get off to a great start but I noticed that he wasn't like Paris and her friends who follow everything she does, I mean yeah sure they were dating for a while or kissed or something but he doesn't seem as bad as her... And as far as I know, him and Elliot were best friends...

So I decided to talk to him and see what would happen.

"Hey Sebastian..." I hesitated.

"H-Hi Brooklyn..." He also hesitated in response. I noticed it too.

I let out a huge sigh of relief. "So ah, what's happening? Why's everyone in the foyer?"

"Well, as far as I know Alex and Blake told us all to be here. I don't know why but apparently they texted us all."

I never got a message. So I quickly checked my phone and sure enough, there was a message from them saying to meet in here this morning... Whoops...

"Oh right."

Good one Brooklyn!

"So, how's your duet going with Elliot?" Asked Sebastian.

He had to ask about Elliot didn't he? I was planning on avoiding him for a while... Which reminds me, everyone is in the foyer except Elliot...

"Okay I guess... We've almost finished polishing so I guess it's going good... What about yours? How's Paris and her 'ways'?" I chuckled, using my fingers as quotation marks on the words 'ways'...

He chuckled lightly. "Trust me if we were allowed to swap partners I would definitely swap her for someone else. I hate how controlling she gets and she's so bossy... I just put up with it but it's so annoying... She's always like 'no Bastian you have to do it this way' or 'fix your arms and point your feet'." He mocked, I couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm a breakdancer not a ballerina... No offence." He apologised.

"None taken... Yeah well, I don't know if I'll be seeing Elliot at all this week because we sort of had a fight at his party on Saturday and I haven't spoken too or seen him since." I was telling the truth.