Blood Brothers

"Why would you ever try and hide such a wonderful young man?" The King was all smiles, his hair was a strange mix of red and brown, his eyes amber and filled with happiness.

Clois blinked pale blue eyes, startled at such a statement. Someone found me pleasing, and that wasn't the reaction he was expecting. He gave me a small look, but I couldn't exactly tell what that meant. Fear settled in the pit of my stomach, I knew I'd find out soon enough.

"It's not we were trying to hide the boy," Clois searched his mind for more lies, and I wondered if they could see through his lies as well as I could.

"Well?" The Queen was a beautiful woman, completely loving and mother like. Her eyes were a golden brown, and her hair fell in copper ringlets down her back. It was amazing how beautiful the people of Horizon were, they only hired beautiful people. Being beautiful was a gift.

Clois smiled," Heath is my oldest son. A young man fit for your daughter." He looked at me," Preston has his flaws. Barely speaks, has no manners. He has yet to become a man."

I looked down at my feet, I knew that if I looked around the faces of the room I would see nothing but agreement.

But then I felt the stare, it was a hard one, as if someone was trying to see inside of me. I looked up and say Dastan from across the room, as unusual as those eyes were, they didn't see into me. He was just staring. Trying to figure me out. I tried listening to unsettled breathing, one other than my own, this stare had a lot of magic put into it. My eyes saw something flicker to my right.

I gasped at the sight of her, but I should've known all along. Beautiful people make even more beautiful children. Her eyes were Amber like her fathers, he'd hair fell in copper ringlets like her mother's, and her skin complexion was outstanding. The tan was golden, she seemed like she should have been from the same place as Legacy. With eye contact I thought I heard something snap, but she must have been the only one to notice it.

"She's a little shy, which is why I understand how quiet Preston is." The Queen smiled at me before holding her hand out to her daughter. " Come here,Tiara"

The girl with bright amber eyes walked swiftly and elegantly to her Mothers side. She was dressed in a long ruby red dress decorated in diamonds of different variations. Heath lit up at the sight of her, this was his future wife I was drooling over, she was his, end if story. It wasn't until I looked back her way that I realized she was still staring at me. My gaze somehow met with Fathers, his glare was furious and he motioned me away from the princess. I rushed over to stand besides Dastan, my easy escape route.

Dastan nodded at me," you should probably come with Peter and I to the dining room. Leave the two families to converse here until ready."

I nodded in agreement as Dastan motioned for Peter, Legacy, and Suskia over to follow him into the next room over. We all walked in silence until of course Suskia broke it.

"Isn't she beautiful!? Oh Gods! Preston we are going to be the best uncles and aunties. Of course we will have to teach the kids English opposed to the Ancient Latin they will know naturally. Heath already loves her, you should have seen the look on his face when she walked in. Wow! What a perfect match."

Legacy sent her a glance that shut her up quickly.

"Has anyone seen the garden yet?" Peter blushed slightly," it really is lovely."

Dastan gave Peter a look of pure disgust," Peter? Have you gone mad?"

Peter's big brown eyes got round with surprise,"No! Why?"

Dastan narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms,"You sound like a woman. So no, none of us men, want to see the garden. How about I introduce all of you to my brother. A true man. An Incubus Warrior!"