Chapter 6

1 week later

" I can't figure out what Im getting her." I complain to Sam about what I should get Ashley for her birthday while roaming the mall hand in hand.

"Just get her an outfit or something that you girls like." He says.

We get to champs and go in.

"I think a couple months ago she said she wanted a Nike sweat shirt." I say. She's a huge athlete and is into this stuff.

I grab the neon sweat shirt and go to pay. Sammy starts to pull out his wallet but before he can I give the cashier the card.

"Beat you to it." I tell him but he just gives me a scowl.

We get a birthday bag and a card to put her jacket in and get out of the mall.

We get in Sams car and drive to my apartment.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Sammy asks. "Of course." I say giving him a lingering kiss and getting out the car into my apartment.

"Hey. I got Ashley her present." I say. "Girl her birthday ain't for a week. You need to chill." Andrea says. "Ehh. It's better to get it done early."

I sit on the couch and we watched movies. That is until the doorbell ring.

"I'll get it." I say getting up and going towards the door.

I open the door to see a middle aged woman standing there looking like she's on the verge of tears.

"Angelina. You've gotten so big!" She says. I'm ok.

"You can call me Angie. And I don't mean to sound rude but who are you?" I ask trying to sound as polite as possible. She did look very familiar though.

"Angie is not the name I gave you." Is all she says.

"I'm sorry but who are you?"

"Don't you remember me?" I just nod my head.

"Angelina... I'm your mother.