Arthur's birth

At that time, Uther Pendragon was one of the kings in Britain. He was respected and feared, but he was not happy.
He was in love with Igraine, but she was not his wife, she was the wife of the Duke of Cornwall.
She livre in Tintagel.
Whenever he thought about her, Uther Pendragon felt his heart sink pain.

That time was not peaceful.
Uther Pendragon and his army had to fight very often.

One day, during a battle, while he was fighting, Uther saw Igraine's husband among his ennemies.
Uther decided it was the opportunity he was waiting for.

He walked away from the battle field and called Merlin, his friend, the wizard.

"Merlin", he said "I need your help. Make me look like Igraine's husband." Merlin obeyed his orders.

Uther was in disguise, he resembled Igraine's husband so much that she did not realize he was not her husband.
"My dear lord, you managed to come back from this terrible battle.",she said. "Are you all right ?"she added.
"I am so happy to see you, my lord."

After that night, Igraine realized she was pregnant and months mater, a baby boy was born in Tintagel.
Uther coups not day this child was his son, but he decided to confide the baby to Merlin's care.
"Merlin", He said, "I want you to take care of this little boy.
I want him to be raised in secret."
"I will call him a foster family and I will sée to his education. I will call him Arthur.", Merlin answered.

......................................................................................................
Exercice

1. Vrai ou faux

Uther Pendragon was the king of Britain.
He was respected and feared and vert happy.
That time was not peaceful.
Uther Pendragon and his army did not fight very often.

2. Donne la traduction en anglais

Se rendre compte
Réussir
Prendre soin

3. Dis a qui se réfèrent les mots soulignés

" Merlin" he said " I need you help.". Merlin. Uther
She didn't realize he was not her husband. Uther. Igraine
"I want him to be raised in secret.". Merlin. The baby

4. Complète avec des mots du texte

One............., during a...................., Uther.............Igraine's.......... among his...........
Uther...........it was the...........he was............for.
He...........away...............the...............and called Merlin, his.............the...............