Chapter 7

He gave her a kiss and I grabbed Graham’s wrist and shook it. I was excited for her, and I know I shouldn’t have, but I felt a ping of jealousy that Cody didn’t care if he hooked up with me or not. Not that I ever could now though- he was Kelli’s.

            “I’m sure you don’t care,” Graham laughed.

            “He doesn’t,” Kelli said, almost too defensively.

            “At least I could get with her if I wanted to,” Cody laughed and the others joined in. “Do you even have a chance?”

            “Stop, that’s so mean!” I couldn’t help but laugh too. “Graham’s a cutie, leave him alone.”

            “Sorry, cutie, I didn’t mean it,” Cody jokingly apologized.

            “She thinks I’m cute, you heard it,” Graham bragged to Mattie and Jace.

            “Yeah but did she make out with you?” Mattie laughed at him.

            “Did she even kiss you?” Carter laughed too. I couldn’t believe they’d joke about this with me right there. I gave Graham a quick kiss on the lips and pulled up to see the shocked looks on all of their faces.

            “Looks like she did!” Graham yelled. “FUCKERS!”

            “Okay, shh, calm down,” I laughed, making sure no children were around. I looked at Kelli, knowing she’d be laughing about this but she was too busy making out with Cody to pay attention. Good thing I was trying to make sure no kids were nearby to experience anything inappropriate.

            This wasn’t like her at all. You know, being all over a guy. And I mean all over. They started dating what, twenty minutes ago? She was cuddling up next to him and kissing him every ten seconds like, okay, we get it, you’re dating. When I tried to talk to her, she couldn’t even hear me. Everything was blocked out by Cody’s presence until we had to leave.

            Little did I know, this obnoxiously in-love behavior would last for months.