Apology

Spencer's POV

"Why in the world would I hate you, Patrick?" Pete growled, standing up and walking backwards.

"You wrote the letter!" the younger boy exclaimed.

I noticed that Ryan, Gerard, Frank, William, Ray, Mikey and Brendon started creeping towards the door.

"That was because I thought you were cheating!" Wentz snapped.

"Why would I cheat on you?" Patrick groaned, growing less angry and more broken.

Silence.

"I-I-I don't know..." Pete sighed, running a hand through his hair.

I turned slightly so I could see behind me and I saw the guys making a beeline for the door, actually running this time. I hold back a laugh. It looked like a bunch of criminals trying to escape jail without getting beaten.

"Exactly. Listen, Pete, I don't want this tension between us. I still love you...what am I saying? I never stopped loving you," Patrick bit his lip, wringing out his hands.

"Take the apology, Pete," I say, giving help.

"I don't think Patrick should be the one to apologise," Ryan butted in.

"Just shut up and go!" Frank hissed, grabbing Ryan's arm and dragging him through the door.

"Look, Pat. They're right. You don't need to apologise. I'm sorry for being a dick for assuming you cheated on me. And I apologise for being a wanker that I didn't dispose of the letter better. I love you too," Pete says quietly.

I shift my weight onto my other foot. Well this isn't awkward at all.......

Patrick seemed to physically think about the apology and if he should let it go or leave. But a small smile placed itself on his lips and he reached out to hug his boyfriend.

"Apology excepted."

"Can we come in now?" Ray's muffled voice called from outside the door.

"Yeah, come on in," I shout, sitting back down in the corner of the room.

They piled into the room one by one, sitting down and resuming their activities.

Ryan and Brendon started to play chess, William sat at the back of the room with his eyes closed, Ray went to go to toilet and Mikey came over towards me, saying stuff about his bass and if I played an instrument.

"Drums," I replied half heartedly, "Or at least, I used to."

"Cool, Brendon can play drums... and about every other single instrument they've invented," Mikey chuckled, sitting down and passing me a coffee mug.

"Guys let's go eat," Frank shouts over the noise, tugging at Gerard's hand.

"No," the older boy complained, "I already ate. Look how fat I've gotten."

Everyone, except me, winced and stood up, prepared to drop the situation and go for tea themselves/

They all made their way towards the door, except Frankie and Gee, before I stepped in. That was a big mistake.

"Gee, you've got to eat something, look how thin you are."

Everyone turned their heads slowly to face me. They all shook their heads or face palmed. Uh-oh.

Gerard turned sharply to face me, and Frank bit his lip.

"Did you just tell me what to do?" he asked, gritting his teeth.

"N-No," I gulp, "I just think you should eat more. Y-You know, to be h-healthy?" my voice squeaked at the end as Gerard got very close to me, clenched fists.

This isn't good.

"Gerard!" Frank rushes towards him, pulling him back.

Thank the heavens. I owe Iero so much.

"I'm not eating, Frank," his voice was so cold.

Frank nodded sadly, gesturing for the others to go.

They all nodded sympathetically before scurrying out of the room to the cafeteria.

Poor Frankie. Is he even safe alone with an angered Gerard? I don't know.

But before I ask, Ryan grabs my arm and pulls me out of the room for my own safety.