Chapter 1

A/N: So, here's the first chapter. :D Enjoy!

Chapter 1

Carlyle made his way through the people with Ramsy trailing at his back.

It was already fall and the Wellington Fall Feast was today.

"Why must you be in such a hurry to see this opening march of the feast?" Ramsy asked from behind.

Carlyle did not reply but continued to press further through the thickening crowd and reached the paved main road.

The crowd cheered as the band started playing and the fire eaters walked down the road. It was no circus just a small caravan.

"Carlyle, you have not yet answered my question. Knowing you for many years, some actions just have implanted in my mind on what you're planning," Ramsy said slightly breathless, as he squeezed himself between the crowd.

"It's nothing out of the ordinary lad," Carlyle replied happily.

"Nothing out of the ordinary?" Ramsy retorted and span Carlyle to face him, then raised an eyebrow.

"Well?"

"The duke and and duchess of Wellington and her ladyship, Cassandra Alpecks of Wellington!" a voice boomed.

Carlyle span around with a wide smile.

"As beautiful as ever before," Carlyle said to himself.

"Aahh, yes. It really is not out of the ordinary my dear friend. With more frequent daydreams about the beautiful Lady Cassandra you might have your head on their platter on the morrow!" Ramsy exclaimed sarcastically.

The crowd slowly dispersed with happy faces as the short parade ended.

"I appreciate your sympathy my dear friend, but I would disagree to your presumption that I and Cassandra do not know each other," he replied with a smile as he gestured him to walk.

"If this lie is but the truth, I would only believe if there was such proof."

"You have not learnt my life too well Ramsy," he said patting his hand on Ramsy's shoulder with a smile.

A female figure hit Carlyle making her fall to the ground. She groaned slightly in pain and Carlyle looked at her carefully.

"I am dearly sorry my lady," he said helping Cassandra up.

The hood fell off revealing a a loosely bunned spiral curled blond hair, braided from the front towards the back, weaved with fresh baby blossoms.

She dusted herself and looked at Carlyle who took a slight bow before looking at her. Her eyes met the same blue eyes she'd been dreaming to meet.

"Carlyle?" Cassandra asked curiously with a smile.

Carlyle blinked a couple of times before he made a smile and Ramsy rushed to his side.

"Cassandra," he said rather breathlessly.

"Lord Carlyle Roderford!" she said happily. "Is it really you my lord?" she added.

"Aye, my lady," he replied then made a slight bow again.

Cassandra giggled. "Must we always meet like this?" she joked. "I might be barren for who might know," she added and pondered at the thought.

"May the Lord forbid my lady," Ramsy suddenly butted in.

"And who might be the one accompanying thy lord?" Cassandra asked with a smile.