Chapter 14

"Where... Where are you?" I ask frantically putting the phone on speaker.

"I'm in a hospital... In a different country as I don't understand anyone" he croaks out.

"Daddy!" Eleanore shouts into the phone...

"Ellie?" he chokes back a sob.

"Daddy it's me I knew you'd come back... You always do!" she yelled as I had tears of relief flowing down my eyes.

"I can get a flight in a month back to the US" he croaks.

"I'll send you the money... I love you" I whisper the last part.

"I love you to... The two of you". I forgot, I never told him about the little life growing in my belly.

"Of course" I smile but it drops when a woman replies with broken English.

"Mr Jones is under anaesthetic. Please call 0800 0947 3656" she goes on in a monotone voice before I hang up and finally let all my feelings drain... He's alive and he'll be holding me in a month. I don't want to have to wait but I don't have a choice...

1 month later

I stood at the exit of the building holding Eleanore's hand tapping my foot as the emotions stay bottled up. I scan the bustling crowd looking for my dark haired fiancé. I spot a hobbling figure walking and looking around when I finally recognise him.

"Daddy" Eleanore shouts causing him to turn in our direction, a smile appearing on his features.

"Killian" I whisper as he makes his way towards us. He smiles wildly before speeding towards us as we do the same, but I'm quite a bit slower as my due date is in 2 weeks...

"Daddy!" Eleanore screams running into his open arms to then be spun around.

Killian's point of view

I look around the crowded place looking for my small family. I've missed them more than anything. I look around trying to spot a bubbly dancing little girl and a blonde goddess. I look around until I hear someone call out Daddy. I turn towards the source, grinning wide when my eyes land on my little girl and fiancé. I swallow before making my way through the crowd dropping my bag before wrapping my daughter in my arms spinning her around.

"I knew you'd come home" she whispers, burying her face into the crook in my neck.

"I love you" I cry cupping her small head.

"I love you to daddy". I smile setting her on the ground before my gaze shits to Emma my eyes going wide at the size of her... Well her stomach. I stumble over to her wrapping her in a warm embrace before pulling away and placing my hand on her bump.

"Are you?" I ask looking into her teared eyes as she gives me a watery smile and nods. I smile wide before cupping her face and bringing her lips to my own passionately tasting the salt from her tear stained lips. I pull away resting my forehead against hers. I pull away and go to hold her hand when I look down to see my plastic one hiding it behind my back hoping she doesn't notice, forgetting I'm as much of an open book to her as she is to me. She pulls my arm and looks down at my fake hand before looking into my eyes and bringing the fake hand up to her cheek kissing it slightly showing she accepts me.

"Of course we do" she whispers before clashing her lips to my own. I smile into the kiss before I take her hand I. my fake one and Eleanore's in my other where we head home.

When we get in I place the small bag before we all sat on the sofa. Emma snuggled best she could into my side as Eleanore sat at my feet.

"How... How did you make it?" I hear Emma choke on her words.

"I...We got hit... By a submarine or mine... Hard to tell as my memory is fuzzy... But our ship was sinking and I tried I really did. I tried to save the most I could. Thirty people and me were on a piece of floating part of the ship. We were drifting and laying in the sun only eating raw fish. Some men couldn't hold out for three weeks. I was lucky... I lost my hand while others lost their lives. But this-" I choked back a sob reaching into my coat pocket pulling out a small picture of the three of us laughing and Eleanore stuffing her face with candy. It was a bit ruined as you can see from where it was wet then dried in the sun. I handed it over to Emma.

"I couldn't... I couldn't leave you again" I cried before hugging both my girls.

"We love you so much" they sobbed with watery smiles.

"I love you to".

That night I was in bed with Emma's head on my chest, her golden curls cascading over the sheets and her breathing even when I saw the door open and a streak of light enter the room. I got nervous until I saw Eleanore standing there with her favourite teddy hugged tightly to her chest.

"Daddy. I want to sleep with you" she whispered. I nodded beckoning her to climb onto the bed. She did so and snuggled under the covers.

"Night night. I missed you" she smiled before drifting off to sleep and I couldn't have been happier.

The next day we got up early and decided to take a walk along the promenade as we had done so many times before. We were walking and laughing as Eleanore told me what had happened while I was away, how she'd made a new friend called Henry. I smiled at her enthusiasm walking with my arm around Emma's waist. Suddenly I felt her stiffen as did Eleanore when I saw Neal smirking and walking towards us. Eleanore held onto my leg, burying her face in the material.

"Well hel-" he stopped as soon as he recognised me.

"Aye" I said, giving a curt nod.

"Miss me?" I said sarcastically knowing the answer.

"You're supposed to be dead! I saw the letter! It was my chance to make Emma mine again!" he shouted making Eleanore cower before running behind me. I was about to reply when Emma started shouting.

"No. You don't get that chance. You had yours years ago and you blew it. You landed me in hospital and scared my baby girl. You have no right her".

"So what?! I get tossed away for some one handed pirate?" he smirks as I look down at the floor knowing he hit a nerve, maybe he is better? my mind whispers.

"No Neal, because I threw you away a long time ago. Don't you say that to him. He is more honourable and worthy to have me than you could ever be" she snarls when I feel Eleanore push past from behind me but still holding my jeans.

"Leave us alone! You is mean. No one should have to be hit and me shouldn't have to be threatened by you!" Eleanore shouts as Neal looks like he's just been slapped. He glares at is before stomping off... All of a sudden Emma grumbles in pain and breathing heavily.

"The baby... it's coming" she cries as my eyes widen before grabbing my phone. Before we know it I'm holding Emma's hand waiting for the small child to be held in our arms...