0.5 never be good enough

update: changed his 'brown' eyes to 'green' because the only comments i ever get on this is that i'm wrong, and it really pisses me off!

He hadn't said a word to me, not a word. He didn't even look at me. He acted like I did something wrong, but he was the one who almost kissed me. He was the one who had to be so darn cute, and such an good guy. But of course it was my fault for having feelings for my best friends crush.

I didn't fall for the "lucas' my brother" act I was smarter than that. I know she was doing me a favour, by stepping back. Although I appreciated it, I knew that she wanted him and I couldn't hurt her. So I stepped back more. Plus why would Lucas "huckleberry" Friar want me when he has Riles.

"Maya! Maya!, guess what!?!" Riley ran up to me jumping and smiling, shaking me out of my trance. Putting on my best fake smile I asked what?

"Lucas! He asked me on a real date! To dinner and everything!" Her face beamed with excitement and happiness.

While mine on the other hand, I tried to act happy for her, but I felt my heart sink to the ground. Once it hit it broke. Into tiny shards of unfixable glass.

Pulling her into a hug while she jumped around in my arms. "Riles, I'm so happy for you!"

"Thank you peaches! Promise you'll help me get ready tomorrow?"

If it were anyone else I'd be fine with it, but its with Lucas. She thought I didn't like him after our extremely awkward hardly considered a date, first date. I did, so much. "I'd love too" I said smiling.

The day went by pretty slow, but it was the last three minutes of history. The class was spent with Mr. Matthews connecting our lives to another historic event, and Riley and Lucas exchanging smiles, and romantic glances. I couldn't take it anymore, as soon as the bell rang I was out of there. Rushing my way home, I just wanted to go home and cry. To be left all alone just like my heart. But I guess I wished for that too soon.

Walking down the busy streets New York, I heard my name being called. I would know that voice anywhere. "Maya!" Lucas yelled, I didn't look behind me but I could hear him running after me. Every time he called my name I felt my heart clench with love and heart break.

As I finally reached the subway, I assumed I was safe and would disappear into the crowd of busy people. Again however karma was not on my side, and I heard him again calling my name. Finally I turned around when he was behind me.

"What the hell do you want Lucas? Can't you take a clue? Leave me alone!" I screamed, the people among us in the subway stopped and looked at us. Obviously I was creating a scene.

His expression dropped clearly surprised at my words. "Maya..." He begun reaching for my hand. I jerked away "don't" I said shaking my head holding back the tears in my body that I so badly wanted to let out.

The train arrived and the people cleared out, I sat down on the bench. He and I were the only ones left there.

Without warning my tears began to fall,  black makeup stained tears. He stood there with his hands in his pockets, looking at the ground. His head lifted once my attempt to keep my sobs quite had failed. Slowly he walked over to me and sat down. He pulled a tissue out of his pocket and handed it to me. I looked up taking it, and wiped the black smutz off my face.

"Maya we need to talk about what happened in Texas, so we can move past this. So I can go on my date with Riley without anything to worry about." He said with a chill to his voice. God was he selfish, could he not see I was heart broken? And all he cared about was himself and Riley.

"Listen Ranger Rick there's nothing to talk about, you and Riley like each other, and I'm not your type." I said through sobs, I didn't know why I expected him to understand me, when I could barley understand myself.

"Maya, look at me!" He said sternly. I looked up at him with pools threatening to start spilling again, and my lips trembling. "I don't think you understand." He said with even more anger escaping his voice now. Backing up on the bench as I was already hurt enough and wasn't it the mood to be yelled for being a teenage girl with feelings. "I understand perfectly fine, I'll never be good enough for you!" I screamed at him.

His face went from angry to more empathetic now, he scooted closer to me on the bench that I had just now realized how uncomfortable it was after 10 minutes of sitting on it. I opened my mouth to say something, when his phone began to ring. He picked it up, I listened but not too closely as I was still trying to make sense of my feelings.

"Yes, I'm talking to her right now."
"No I know I messed up!"
"It's not my fault"
"You read too much into it"
"Are you serious? I told you I don't!"
"Have fun, see you later"
"Bye"

The conversation was clearly about me, and someone else. It was probably Riley, she probably wanted to make sure I didn't like him. Or at least that was what I interpreted from the half of the conversation I heard, and if I was right well Riley you silly girl I was a great liar when it came to covering up my feelings.

"Listen Maya, like I said you don't understand. I didn't ask Riley on a date, at least I didn't plan on it. She read too much into the flower I had in my hand. But we talked about it and that's why I'm here." After he finished talking he placed a hand on top of mine, sending chills down my spine. But after he finished talking he was right, I didn't understand. I was so lost in fact I was wondering if I was awake.

"She's giving Charlie a real chance, the flower was for you. You would of known that if you talked to either of us today. She's not hurt, because she knows how long you've waited for me."
My brain couldn't seem to piece together the words he was saying.

"You're right Lucas, I don't understand..." I questioned his earlier words. He didn't say anything, instead he reached into his school bag a grabbed a flower. It was sort of wilted and crushed but it was still beautiful. He handed it to me.

I sat silently with out movement, he still had the flower in his hands waiting for me to take it. He reached over and unclenched my hands, placing the flower into them before closing them again.

The familiar watering pooled into my eyes once more. With out warning began to spill. Single tears turned into loud sobs, and you could see through his expression that seeing me cry made his heart break. "Maya, don't cry. Please don't cry I'm so sorry." He mumbled under his breath. I didn't respond, instead I wrapped my arms around his and continued to cry into his chest.

"Why me? Why not Riley? I'm not good enough for you! I mean look at me." I said with unsteady barley audible words. His warm hands cupped my face bringing it up to his. My blue eyes met his green ones, and for only a few seconds I saw them before he brought his lips against mine.

A warm cinnamon mint taste and the feeling of sparks surrounded around me. Filling my heart with happiness, and my lungs with his cologne. He pulled away and look me in the eyes just as he did before pulling me into the kiss.

"Maya of course you're not good enough, your way more than good enough" He said before kissing my forehead.

In that moment I knew this was the memory I'd remember forever.

Aye okay so I hope you guys liked this! Vote and comment! Atleast 2 comments and 5 votes for the next one shot!
Thank you babies!

Btw if you wanna follow me, follow me on ⤵️

Instagram - sarahpeorixx
Twitter - sarahh2114

Until next time

Adios, Ourivor, Ciao

-Sarah 💕