0.6 prom?

It just happened that it was the most romantic time of the high school year, promeposal season. Now the ones wearing gold spandex shorts with the black words of prom? written across them may not be the most romantic, but the ones which had "prom?" written in rose petals were.

It was a great time for those who were going to get asked but I wasn't, I was too afraid tell Lucas I wanted to go to prom, and he wasn't the type to go all out to a dance, and he thought the same of me. Truthfully as I may not dress up a lot, prom was something I fantasied about.

The ask, the dinner, the dress and everything in between. Let's face it, it wasn't going to happen. I Maya Hart wasn't going to prom.

"Hey Maya, congratulations!" Missy and her friends laughed as they walked by me. "Uhm on what?" I asked, I mean there had been plenty of times where I had been confused but now I was beyond. "Oh your prom queen nomination, that's what. Have fun loosing to me." Missy snickered while walking away on her way to tall 8 inch heels. God did I hope she tripped. After my montage of imaging Missy trip, it slapped me cold hard in the face. If I was nominated for queen I had to go to prom.

"Babe, guess who's nominated for prom queen and king?" Lucas said walking towards me as he was about to embrace me. "Hmh! Let's see how about me and you, Ranger Rick?" I blushed. "Correct" He muttered as he kissed my lips.

As the high school day progressed more, promeposal's had happened and more disappointment had washed over Riley and I. Although Lucas said we were going, it wasn't what I wanted. Colour me selfish but I'm a teenage girl I wanted more.

"Why is prom even a thing? It's so stupid, just a corporate way to rake in the cash." Riley seethed as we walked down the hallway, her head placed on my shoulder.  "I feel you riles, but let's go to science class the sooner it's over the sooner we can go home and plan what movies to watch on the night of prom." I said "Uhm Maya no way you aren't going to prom, just because I'm not doesn't mean your not. You could be prom queen!" She giggled after her anger was diminished. I had nothing to say and I just my head walking away.

Once I was at home I lied down on the small twin bed, and pulled out the laptop Shawn had given me for my last birthday. Once online I started to look for prom dresses, but was interrupted when a over excited Riley can busting through my window and jumped on my bed. "Well hello Riley!" I said raising my eyebrows. "Maya you'll never guess what just happened." She screamed "Uhm pigs can fly?" I asked. "Incorrect!! FARKLE ASKED ME TO PROM." She screamed nearly blowing out my ear drums this time. Instead of saying any thing I just went and hugged her.

"So let me tell you how it happened,  after you got off the subway I turned around and someone handed me a rose, as I stood there so confused people kept handing me roses until I had a eleven. Then someone tapped me on the shoulder, I turned around and it was Farkle with one rose in his hand. He got down on one knee and said 'Riley Elizabeth Matthews make me the happiest man on earth and go to prom with me?' I nodded my head and he kissed me. It was so romantic Maya. I wish you were there!" I just sat there expressionless wishing Lucas was more like Farkle. Yep I said it, more like farkle.

After Riley had left I just laid on my bed slowly drifting off to sleep, once I awoke it was due to someone gently shaking me. "Baby wake up, I have someone I want to show you." Lucas said as my eyes fluttered open."hmh?" I mumbled. He slowly lead me out of bed and through my widow and up to the roof top. When we reached the roof there was a beautiful view of a sunset, a blanket and a short stack of pancakes. He continued to lead my and we eventually sat down. Speechless I was, luckily he broke the silence. To my even bigger surprise he made what I believed was impossible possible. In chocolate chips it spelt out "prom?"

"So my short stack, what do you say?"
"No Lucas I don't like you enough to go to prom with you." I smiled
"Well Maya fine then, if that's how you want to be I guess I'll have to do this"

He stood up and picked up the bottle of aunt jemima maple syrup and poured in on my head. My voice screeched as all the stickyness covered my face. I wiped it away with my hands and ran up to Lucas, grabbing his face as I covered him with syrup and gave him a a passion filled kiss. "Yes you stupid cowboy, I'd love to go to prom with you." I said in between breathes while continuing to kiss him.

Oookay so this sucks and I'm sorry but I'm so stressed out with school! So if you guys want faster updates you could help me with my chemistry and French homework? Merci (thank you)

Let's get this to 10 votes and 10 comments for another update!

Qotc - where are you from?
Aotc - Canada

**fun fact I don't live in an igloo**

Peace out homie g's

~Sarah