Chapter 30: Problem?

...6:20...

...Calecto space ship. . .

When you inhabit a woman who lost their soul in some mean twisted way, their memories are left behind. The whole medical mumbo-jumbo makes sense to the brain but not to the one inhabiting the body. Being me. I realized Carly Bell died in her room at the mirror standing there perfectly still. Q may have stolen her soul before transferring me into her body in some twisted way.

At least the older Q I knew of.

For a long time I saw darkness.

Worf didn't go to the shuttle.

It had been an hour to the minutes since Worf had left. My fingers regained their sudden ability to move. Strangely my hands were reflective in many of the reflections seen in my eyes like a insects perspective. It was strange recalling Q without his hands. It felt like a terrible nightmare had gone on. I had to be careful to get up. I recall that glass is easy to break under a number of conditions. I manage to get up on my two feet to see from the other room there are three Calecto guards down on the floor with holes in their chests. There is a red glow about the room.

There is a red alert out inside the ship that is silent, apparently.

The door was ajar.

You are not afraid, Carly, I noted to myself.

It felt like I was part of a scary movie.

Very scary.

I tapped on my communicator.

"Carly to Worf, where are you?" I asked.

No reply, what so ever.

I gulped down what fear was inside then made my way around the grizzly sight. I had seen science fiction movies where there are characters who do some 'gun-shot' fighting using their handguns or some other related machine that serves the same purpose.  I made it down the empty hall scared to my breath. I was silent. Very silent. This is no time to do scene skipping by using a remote just to get past what could be a imminent demise.

I remember a character dying in this fashion due to the beetles in The Mummy in a lonely hallway and he was shot point blank to end his misery there. I can recall the screams he made. The stupid yet innocent act of taking two dormant beetles off the wall out of their holes. I can feel my heart pound against my chest. People say, and so do fangirls, that when you are in a critical situation this is where the hero comes out. The inner hero. Now, I ain't a hero! Never was!

I walk down the partially lit hall.

My mind and eyes played tricks on me.

I saw looming figures in the dark where behind them were vents.

I heard a finger wrap around a trigger. It has a distinctive sound. I cleared my throat feeling intense fear. I closed my eyes briefly, trembling. I had a strange feeling traveling through my gut that I was about to die. Who would take care of Kevin? Someone Geordi can trust. But that would mess up the timeline I saw! Maybe . . . There is another timeline where I didn't die and I am not in this position. That is a good theory.

I turned around toward the Calecto with hands raised.

"Die."  The Calecto said.

Think of this as dodgeball in slow motion where balls are flying in different directions. I take a step to the side then with what inner will I had then sent a hard fist right into the Calecto's face knocking him down chipping off a few of my knuckles. I rubbed my smooth glassy knuckles. My heart was racing. Did I just do that? I just did that. I heard the blast  of the phaser hit the wall. The Calecto was on the floor covering his nose.

"You meatbag!" The Calecto said.

"Now, you are talking like a Decepticon!" I said, with a sly smile.

I had a spidey-sense someone was behind me so I ducked hearing the whiz of what sounded like energy flying over my head. I heard a man's scream riddle the air. The next move, I calculated before hand, was with me knocking over the Calecto behind me like a badass.  I grabbed the strangely floating phaser then aimed it at the Calecto keeping my eyes off the deceased Calecto.  I had to live for Kevin. I had to live.

"Where is Q and Mr Worf?" I asked. 

The Calecto stared at me not saying a word.

"I hate to do this," I said. "But you are giving me no choice."

I shot into the Calecto's legs crippling him.

"AH!" The Calecto screamed.

I ran in the opposite direction.

Trouble is; I am wondering if there is some form of fate lingering over my head.