1

-Alice-

I slammed my fist onto my alarm clock and slowly sat up in bed. Ew, it's Monday, and ew, it's the first day back to school, ew. I sighed and looked at the clock, "6:30? Why am I up so early?" I mumbled under my breath. I rambled through my closet 'till I found an okay outfit and then headed to the bathroom. I striped out of my PJs and jumped into the shower I did my business and got out of the bathroom. My hair was naturally straight so there was no need to straighten it. I wrapped my hair in the towel after I dried off and began to pull my white skinny jeans on when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey!" my dad's voice ran through the phone.

"Hi dad" I said, a smile growing to my face.

"Your mom and I are going on a last minute business trip." His voice was calm. "We wanted to come home and say bye and all but if we do we'll miss our flight."

I sighed, "It's okay, At least you called."

"I'm glad you understand." I could hear the smile in his voice.

"When will you be back?" I asked. I crossed my fingers hoping it would be soon.

"7 months." He said quietly. I sighed again.

"Really? You're gonna miss my birthday, again!" I almost yelled.

"I know, I know, but we'll make it up, I promise!" He had hope in his voice.

"Ugh, fine."

He chuckled, "Thank you, Sweetie!" He said and with that and an I love you, we hung up.

I finished putting my outfit on, white skinny jeans, and a nice black over-sized hoodie. I grabbed my back pack, my keys, my shoes, and my phone and ran down stairs. Wait? Why am I running? It's only 7:00. I sighed and sat everything down on the table. I looked around for food and final got some Coco Puffs. I made my bowl, sat down on the couch, and turned the TV on. I flipped through about a thousand channels, and not finding anything interesting on, I looked back at my bowl and it was empty. When did I eat all of that? Uh, whatever. I turned the TV off, did my dish, and looked at the clock. 7:10. I looked at my phone and seen I had a text.

"Hey, could you pick me up?" I read Drew's text. I smiled.

"No!"

"Whhhhhhhhhhy?"

"I'm just kidding, of course. I'm coming over now!" I smiled, and with that I grabbed my red Vans and slipped them on.

"Okiedokie!" he texted back, I smiled to myself and got my keys, and backpack and headed to my little old pickup truck.

"Hey!" Drew greeted me as he jumped into the truck and slammed the door. I smiled.

"Good morning to you too!"

I backed out of the drive way, and as soon as I got onto the road, Drew had to open his mouth about my truck.

"If your parents are so rich, why don't you get them to buy you a decent car?" He laughed.

"Don't you dare talk bad about, Chuck!" I joked.

Chuck was the name Drew and I came up with for my truck. It was an old, dirty orange Ford pick-up truck, and everyone hatted it. But I, I loved it.

Drew and I talked about our dreams until I pulled up into the high school. We got out of the truck and noticed we were one of the first ones at school, well besides the teachers. I looked at the clock, 7:46. Great, school doesn't start until 8:30. Drew grabbed my wrist pulling me out of thoughts and dragged me into the highschool.

"You're here early!" Mrs. Greene said smiling. Mrs. Greene was a little old lady, that's been this schools principle for like 40 years.

I laughed, "Yes, we are!" Drew nodded and gave his thousand dollar smile before dragging me to my locker. He was right next to mine, YES! We got everything in order and then looked at each other's schedule.

"All periods together!" Drew cheered. "High five!" We smacked hands, and laughed. "This is gonna be a great year!" Drew said, smiling like a fool.

"Why's that?" I asked.

"Because," he said looking at me getting a serious face. "I can feel it!" He yelled.

"Ew, Drew!" I hit him playfully. "You spit on me!" I said pointing to my left cheek.

"Oops, here." He learned forward and licked my face.

"Ew." I wiped my hand across my face, and sighed.

Finally everyone started walking into the high school and the hallways were filled with laughs, yelling, and the normal faces I have been seeing since 1st grade. Drew and I were still at our lockers when Brandon, 'popular-est boy in school,' walked up to me.

"Uh, can you move, please?" he asked. I looked at Drew, him, then Drew.

"Yeah, sorry." I said moving closer to Drew so I wasn't at my locker. Wait, what? Why is he opening my locker?

"What the fuck, who's stuff is this?" he yelled looking into my locker.

I turned and looked at him, "Uh, mine. That's kinda, my locker." I said, confused.

"No, it's mine." He said, giving me the same look I was making.

"Just get lost, nerd!" yelled Rose pushing at my glasses. I sighed and dug into my pocket to get my locker number and combo on it.

"Look." I said showing Brandon the paper. "Mhh." He said looking at it. "Weird." He handed it back and put his stuff on mine. For the popular guy, he was actually really nice. "Come on, let's go to the office." He said grabbing my wrist.

"Why are you touching...her?" Rose yelled as we walked away. I heard Drew chuckle as he closed his locker.

Brandon pulled me through the sea of teenagers in the hallway till we got to the office. "Excuse me?" he said, the lady looked up.

"Yes?" she asked.

He looked at me, "Uh, Alice and I got the same locker." He said.

"Oh dear." She pushed her glasses on her face more and started typing into the labtop at her desk. "Oh, oh, you're right!" she said, her smile faded. "I'm sorry." She said again as she took her glasses off.

Brandon looked back down at me, and gave me a little smile.

-Brandon-

I looked back at, Alice and gave her a little smile. "We could share it?" I offered. Maybe I could get to know her more? I've been to school with her since pre-school and never really talked to her.

"Oh, no, no, no!" she said. "It's okay!" Alice said as she gave a weird look to the lady at the desk.

"Could you please?" the lady asked.

Alice sighed, "Uh, fine." She smiled and started to walk off and I grabbed her wrist.

"Think about it this way," I said, "We can get to know each other more." I smiled, trying to sound friendly. I looked at her face, her flawless face. Her gorgeous eyes, staring into mine.

"Uhm, yeah, sure." She said and smiled a little.

I let go of her wrist and she started to walk away again to I guess go see that Drew kid. I sighed. Her voice repeated in my head. She had a soft voice, she had soft blue eyes that just melted my heart. Wait, wait, wait. I barely know her. Why am I saying this? I don't like her. She doesn't like me. She and I are totally different. I sighed, or maybe we're not?